We are looking to appoint an inspiring and talented qualified teacher as Assistant Principal for our outstanding academy. We can be flexible on specific responsibilities based on your experience and expertise.
You will have a wealth of opportunities to develop as a leader with the Harris Federation. We can offer you a range of bespoke courses and qualifications through our Teaching School, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQH for aspiring principals.
Succession planning is a key part of our success as a Federation, and we believe that we are at the forefront of developing the next generation of Leaders. We can help prepare you for your next Senior Leadership challenge, investing in your knowledge and expertise through regular support, coaching and a wide range of professional development and training.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning.
You will be a successful teacher, holding QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree, ideally with significant experience in multi-racial and urban areas. You will also be an outstanding communicator, with proven strengths in engaging with, inspiring and motivating not just the school community, but the wider community, in order to drive local regeneration.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park
Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park is in the heart of Tottenham, serving a diverse inner city community celebrating a wealth of language and cultures. In 2017/18, we were the highest performing primary academy in the Harris Federation, and in the top 3% in the country for progress.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Coleraine Park?
- Specialist teachers for Science, Music, PE, art, drama and steel pans, offering up to 5 hours a week for development and PPA time.
- Outstanding modelling for development with weekly lesson studies for all teachers
- Opportunities to work in subject teams, leading and developing others within and outside of the academy
- Outstanding ICT, with Teacher iPads, Apple TV and working towards being an Apple Distinguished School
- A fast-paced, creative curriculum, with a wealth of events and school trips to engage children in the richness of London’s cultural heritage.
- Opportunities for additional responsibility: over 50 clubs a week, boosters, holiday and Saturday schools
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- A network of fellow senior leaders and Principals with a wealth of knowledge and expertise
- Support and mentoring from some of the best executive leaders in education
- Unrivalled opportunities for leadership progression and preparing you for your first Principalship
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Plus, the opportunity to work with our amazing students!
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
The Harris Federation
The Harris Federation is the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. We have an established reputation in transforming education in London and an unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Harris is a Federation and not a chain; each academy is different, reflecting the particular aspirations and leadership style of its Principal. Our vision is that Harris academies work collaboratively in sharing school improvement strategies, and support one another as part of the wider Harris Federation.
We look for talented leaders who want to help transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Informal conversations are welcomed and visits to our academies are highly encouraged. If you would like to discuss the post in confidence please call 020 8808 2045 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.