Full time position (8:30am – 4:30pm, with an hour break for lunch)
Kew House School was established in the conviction that there exists an opportunity for a different kind of independent secondary school in London – academically demanding but with a forward-thinking approach to selection criteria, the flexibility of the curriculum, the shape of the school day, and recognition of creativity and talent. It is an extraordinary school, and we pride ourselves on the support and care we extend to our 600 pupils.
Kew House School is seeking to appoint an administratively strong, confident, and enthusiastic individual with good computing skills to join our Admissions Team in this co-educational Secondary School in West London. Candidates with experience of working in schools would be advantageous but this is not essential. Applications are welcomed from recent graduates seeking to identify their career pathway.
Requirements for the position
We are seeking a hardworking, organised, and friendly team player to join the department.
The role will involve:
• Maintaining admissions entries within the school’s Management Information System (iSAMS)
• Assisting in the organising of, and communications relating to, Year 7 Induction days
• Monitoring and ensuring that registration payments are made and that deposits are in place
• Entering and analysing data relating to admissions including attendance at open events and promotional events on and occasionally offsite
• Monitoring website activity on admissions/open events, checking bookings and corresponding with visitors
• Managing all admissions correspondence
• Updating relevant new starter information on iSAMS prior to pupils’ start date
• Assisting in the organising of the 11+ examinations in January
• Assisting in the arranging of interviews and testing for other entry years
• Managing appointments for pupil interviews throughout the year
• Liaising with prep and primary schools regarding admissions matters
• Assisting in the organisation of open events, including pre- and post-event correspondence
• Working with the marketing staff, providing and assisting with materials relating to admissions, e.g.,prospectus information, fliers, and admissions elements on our website
• Answering the telephone and direct calls regarding admissions
• Assisting with first aid as directed and in emergencies only
• Liaising with the Senior Leadership Team when required
• Carrying out such work as required and deemed reasonable by the Headmaster
• Completing training as appropriate
The duties outlined in this job description are non-exhaustive.
Applying for the role
All appointments are made in accordance with our equal opportunities policy and applicants should let us know of any special needs they may have. Kew House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and questions will be asked at interview to assess the suitability of the candidate to work with our children. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Criminal Record (DBS) check.
The school operates its own pay scales which are consistent with national teacher pay scales and will offer salary commensurate with experience and the nature of this role.
To apply, please submit a completed ‘Support Staff Application Form’ together with a supporting letter of application and details of two referees. References may be taken prior to interview. Candidates must provide original documents as proof of identity at interview.
Completed applications should be emailed to our Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Immediate applications are welcome and will be considered on receipt. Suitable applicants will be contacted by email and invited to attend an interview by arrangement.
Closing date: Friday 24th September 2021
Kew House School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Kew House School is a co-educational independent senior school for students aged 11-18 years in West London, near to Kew and Chiswick. The school opened its doors for the first time in September 2013 with 63 students and now has over 550 on roll. It ...