An opportunity has arisen to appoint a part-time Assistant SENCO (3 days per week) and we would like to invite applications from qualified teachers who wish to join our happy, unique and hardworking school and who have the passion to inspire. We have two specialist provisions within a mainstream setting; Hearing Impairment and Physical Disability.
The role is to support our highly experienced SENCO, to work particularly with SEN pupils, to foster positive relationships with our families and work with teachers to ensure the impact of all interventions can be evidenced.
We are looking for a teaching practitioner who can provide support for pupils, the teacher and the school in order to raise standards of achievement for all SEN pupils including promoting high quality teaching, monitoring and assessment and the effective use of resources to encourage pupils to become independent learners. To provide support for their welfare, and to support the inclusion of pupils in all aspects of school life.
The successful candidate will;
- have 3 years qualified teaching experience, NASC SENCO qualification/awareness or willingness to undertake this qualification
- have a proven track record of supporting students with SEND, and ideally experience with physical disabilities and/or hearing impairments.
- be able to work as part of a team to achieve the very best for our children
- be organised, flexible and enthusiastic
- be resilient and resourceful with high expectations of self and others
In turn we can offer:
- the opportunity to work with RMET, a geographically local academy group, which strongly supports staff CPL, staff well-being including gym membership and support services
- committed, happy, friendly and supportive staff
- enthusiastic children
At Twydall Primary school, we foster a shared vision of Excellence for All in line with our motto ‘Inclusive to be Exclusive’. The school is a larger than average primary school with circa 500 pupils and is a central part of the local Community, with large grounds, and an excellent outdoor learning environment. Twydall Primary School is a unique school because it also provides a highly inclusive learning environment for pupils with complex physical needs and Hearing Impaired needs.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointments are subject to successful references and a satisfactory enhanced Criminal Records Disclosure.
Please telephone 01634 231761 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment to see Twydall in action.
Closing date for all applications is Friday 8th December 2017 at 12pm.
Interviews will take place Tuesday 12th December 2017.