For September 2018, we are seeking to appoint an ambitious and talented musician to this rewarding post in an 11-18 grammar school with 1300 students including a co-educational Sixth Form. Dr Challoner’s is regarded as one of the leading grammar schools in the country. Music, both curricular and extra curricular, plays a very important part in the life of the school and the successful applicant will have a lead role in developing this further.
We are looking for an experienced teacher with first-class musical credentials, able to lead by example, to be organised and creative in their approach in the classroom, and to manage others in terms of academic music methods and results.
- engaging, able and well-motivated students
- an innovative approach to learning
- outstanding facilities in every subject
- a friendly working environment
In return, the successful applicant will be expected to:
- Take on the responsibilities of Assistant Team Leader, working with the Director of Music to plan the direction and future plans for the department as a whole
- Play a full and active part in the extra-curricular life of the Music Department and school
- Run large-scale projects and ensembles as directed by the Director of Music
- Be an excellent administrator
- Be an excellent accompanist, sharing recital duties with others in the wider music team
- Act as a deputy for the Director of Music when required
Applications from candidates who have experience and strengths in one or more of the following areas would be particularly welcomed:
- Chamber music
- Examining for A-level, or GCSE exam boards
An interest in Music Technology would be useful but not a necessity, although an awareness of the A-level might be required in future years.
Full details including an application form are available on the vacancies section of our website.
Closing date: Noon on Monday, 26th February 2018.
Interview date: Tuesday, 6th March 2018.
Please note that earlier applications would be welcomed and shortlisted candidates may be interviewed before the closing date.
To apply for the post, please email a completed application form to Alison McAloon (Head’s PA and HR Officer). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DCGS is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all its students.