Full time, ongoing
Commencing Term 2
With a legacy of 142 years of achievement, Tintern Grammar is one of Melbourne’s most respected schools, with students from our Early Learning Centre to Year 12. At Tintern we are committed to providing a workplace which encourages professional growth and opportunities for all staff.
About the Role
Tintern Grammar seeks to appoint an effective administrative assistant to support the Head of Senior College, who ideally has experience as a VASS Coordinator. The successful applicant will report to the Head of Senior College and the Director of Administration (also the VCE/VET Coordinator). Managing the Victorian Assessment Software System (VASS) is a key component of this position.
This is an autonomous role with plenty of opportunity to add value. Key tasks will include diary management, specific VCE administrative support including VASS data entry and ensuring students receive special exam arrangements, document and report production, event preparation and coordination, examination preparation and coordination, correspondence, responding to queries and general administrative and office management tasks.
To be successful in this role you will need the ability to manage and prioritise a busy area, have strong organisational and interpersonal skills and work within a team environment.
As a key member of our School, you will be able to provide a strong level of customer service and administrative support to the community at Tintern Grammar. This role is challenging, interesting and instrumental in ensuring the smooth and effective flow of daily activities within Senior College. You will be highly organised and passionate about working within a School environment with professionals.
The successful applicant will:
• have demonstrated experience in a similar role
• have a post-secondary study in business administration or related area and/or comparable on the job experience
• have evidence of implementing standards of improvement
• have a background in complex data entry and analysis
• have a sound understanding and ability to implement effective and efficient manual and computerised office systems and processes
• have highly developed computer skills and literacy, particularly with MS Office, VASS and Synergetic
• have high level written and verbal communication skills
• have highly developed interpersonal skills
• have strong organisational and planning skills
• have a demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a collaborative team environment
• have a strong work ethic and high level of confidentiality
• have a desire to work collaboratively and as part of the School community
• Previous experience with VCE student administration and use of VASS.
• Experience with Synergetic database or similar system
To view the position description please visit: www.tintern.vic.edu.au/employment
Applications for this position should include a current curriculum vitae and names of three referees.
To apply please visit www.tintern.vic.edu.au/employment. Applications must be received b y Thursday 21 March 2019, 4pm.
Only people with the right to work in this country may apply for this position.
Tintern Grammar is a child safe school.