Position: Assisting Student Learning, Indigenous Education Worker
Commencing Date: Term 1, 2022
Classification: Term Time, Fixed Term Contract
Hours: 24 hours per week across 4 days
Salary Range: $28.19 - $28.86 per hour pending experience
Closing Date: Tuesday, 21 September 2021
Gilroy Santa Maria College, Ingham offers outstanding educational opportunities to our students within a warm and caring environment set in the cane fields of North Queensland on the outskirts of Ingham. The college is the result of a merger of two secondary Catholic schools. Santa Maria High School, a girls' school, run by the Sisters of Mercy, and Cardinal Gilroy College, a boys' school, operated by the Christian Brothers.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
About the role
Gilroy Santa Maria College, Ingham is seeking experienced and dedicated Assisting Student Learning - Indigenous Education Worker. This position is a Term Time position, completing 24 hours a week (more hours may be available to the right candidate).
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are strongly encouraged to apply.
The primary purpose of the Assisting Student Learning - Indigenous Education Worker is to work in collaboration with teachers to provide appropriate advice, practical support and guidance to assist Indigenous students with learning and development. The ASL - Indigenous Education Worker, under the guidance of the Emerging Leaders Coordinator, provides assistance to Indigenous students to optimise student learning outcomes in a supported environment with a range of cultural and educational programs.
For more information about the key accountabilities and duties, please see the Position Description.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary range: $$28.19 - $28.86 per hour pending experience
- Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Access to salary packaging options to maximise employee benefits and salary
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Access to additional Employer Superannuation Contributions
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Long Service Leave may also be applicable)
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Access to corporate health schemes
- Induction processes, professional learning programs
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Leadership development opportunities
- Wellbeing programs and initiatives
How to apply
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key accountabilities of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 5pm Tuesday, 21 September 2021 unless filled prior.
View other vacancies here
Diocese of Townsville Catholic Education