Required for September 2020
Pontefract Academies Trust is a cross phase Multi Academy Trust comprising of eight schools, six primaries and two 11 - 16 secondary schools. The Trust is a medium sized family of schools all located within a tight geographic hub within Pontefract. Pupils are drawn from the local community that includes a mix of different catchment areas.
We are excited to advertise a new role at De Lacy primary school starting in September 2020. This role is ideal for an individual who is passionate about teaching and learning and is seeking an opportunity to work alongside an experienced senior leadership team. As an experienced practitioner, and/or an inspiring leader, you will be part of the senior leadership responsible for upholding ‘a culture of learning in the classroom’. In addition, you will be able to drive intervention strategies across the school, especially in key stage 2, for our most disadvantaged and vulnerable pupils.
Over the course of the year you will be integral to supporting the overall leadership and management of the school, helping to sustain and build on a school culture that is both nurturing and rigorous.
The school can offer:
• hard-working and highly committed staff who share a common sense of purpose and high expectations of what pupils can achieve
• a supportive Trust as your employer that are strongly committed to providing high quality CPD and career progression
• significant opportunities to work in collaboration with colleagues in this school and across the trust
• the opportunity to work with ambitious and inspirational leaders
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic person who:
• has a friendly manner and can communicate effectively with staff and pupils
• will make a difference in changing children’s life chances
• has the skills and abilities to support children of all abilities and personal needs
• can work effectively as part of a team but can also work independently using their own initiative
• has the ability to form effective relationships with pupils and parents/carers
Visits to the school are welcomed and strongly encouraged. Please contact the school to arrange a convenient date and time on 01977 722620.
To obtain an application form and job specification:
Visit the Trust’s website: www.pontefractacademiestrust.org.uk
Telephone: 01977 232166.
Completed application forms should be returned by emailing email@example.com no later than 10:00am on Friday 17th April 2020.
We are equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from everyone. The Pontefract Academies Trust is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure and pre-employment checks. Successful applicants will also be asked to provide criminal conviction information.