We are seeking an Associate Headteacher who is ambitious for children and a skilled leader and communicator to take Hoxton Garden School to the next stage in its improvement journey.
Hoxton Garden School is situated in the heart of Hoxton, Hackney with convenient transport links to the City and wider London. In 2016 Hoxton Garden received its first good Ofsted report in over 10 years and attainment at Key Stage 2 has now been well above national averages for the last two years. It is a happy school serving 300 pupils with an increasing pupil roll and a growing reputation amongst the local community. We are seeking someone who can inspire confidence and who holds the ambition and know-how to take the school to the next stage in its journey.
We can offer:
- A genuine opportunity to lead and make a difference, with the autonomy to make decisions to and take the school to the next stage in its journey of improvement.
- A supportive and experienced management team including mentoring and support from the Executive Headteacher to ensure that you are successful.
- Opportunities to work with our partner schools and other Associate Headteachers as part of a wider team committed to ensuring the best outcomes for pupils and the best professional development for staff.
- A well-organised setting with a professional team of administrators and staff to support you.
- A fantastic community of parents and well-behaved children who deserve the best.
In particular we are looking for someone who is:
- 'Hands on' and committed to improving outcomes for children.
- Able to deal effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders and needs.
- A team builder and confident communicator.
- Aspirational and able to instil ambition for children in others.
- Systematic and able to hold others to account.
- Proactive rather than reactive with the ability to work to a longer term strategic view.
- Has a track record and rounded knowledge of effective teaching which inspires confidence and respect in those around them.
Hoxton Garden works in close partnership with two other Hackney schools, Orchard and Southwold Schools in a hard federation with a joint Governing Body. All three schools have their own leadership teams who work together with the common aim of giving children the very best. We have set an ambitious vision for the future and have very high expectations for what can be achieved with the benefits of a shared expertise. The successful candidate would benefit from mentoring from an experienced Executive Headteacher as well as support from the Associate Headteachers at our partner schools, whilst retaining the autonomy to lead and grow the school to fit the needs of its local community. First and foremost we are looking for a dynamic and confident leader who has the determination, energy and skill to make a difference.