This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and talented teacher and leader of English, with a proven track record of securing successful student outcomes across all key stages, looking to take the next step into whole school leadership. The Director of English will possess the key leadership skills and qualities necessary to develop and support leaders and professionals in their practice, inspire young people and contribute to school improvement as part of an extended senior leadership team.
The successful candidate will:
· Be a highly effective classroom practitioner with excellent student outcomes and high expectations of all learners and professionals.
· Be committed to raising standards for all students and securing and driving excellence in teaching and learning.
· Be a team player and work closely with other leaders to develop and implement effective strategies and processes of faculty/department improvement.
· Be an aspiring, ambitious leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Be an advocate of partnership working and community engagement.
In return we offer:
· An outstanding induction programme in the school.
· Continued professional learning and development opportunities, working within a Multi- Academy Trust framework.
· An opportunity to work collaboratively within the school and across the Trust.
· Coaching and support from an experienced Senior Leadership Team.
· A career progression path within the Trust for the right candidate.
How do I apply?
Application forms and all supporting information can be downloaded from the school website at http://www.wcs.rotherham.sch.uk. Applicants should submit a completed application form detailing how their skills and achievements prepare them for the role and include an outline of their vision for addressing the challenges and opportunities in English at the present time. Completed applications should be returned to Tracy Stevens at email@example.com .
PLEASE NOTE we operate Safer Recruitment and we do not accept CVs or CV attachments, all applicants must complete an application form in full. Feedback will only be given at interview level, not on application forms. All appointments are subject to the receipt of satisfactory references.
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Closing date: 09:00 a.m. Friday 19 October 2018
Interviews: Towards the end of October 2018