Required from January 2018
• Do you want to play a key role in the founding of an exciting, new, and innovative all-through school?
• Do you want to move your career forward in an environment which nurtures talent and has scope for career progression?
• Do you believe all students have the potential to succeed given great teaching and the right school culture?
• Do you want to be part of an exciting new venture that aims to eradicate the premise that economic disadvantage is an excuse for poor attainment?’
As a new all-through school, One Degree Academy has been given a rare opportunity to create a world class, continuous learning experience for children from 4-18 years old. Our Primary school opened in September 2016 with reception who are now moving in to Year 1.
Our aspirations for One Degree Academy are simple and ambitious: through inspirational teaching, every One Degree Academy student will develop the knowledge, attributes, and aspirations to succeed at university, enjoy a productive career, and lead a great life.
Our goal is that, regardless of background, every child leaves One Degree ready for a life of choice and opportunity. To achieve this, we are focused on 3 things:
• Outstanding teaching and learning and a knowledge-based curriculum
• Developing non-cognitive capacities in a caring and disciplined environment
• Raising aspirations through partnerships with world-leading businesses and universities
We aim to transform the lives of our students through our persistent and relentless focus on the small but important details and actions necessary for great teaching and learning. We know that greatness is achieved through perseverance and incremental improvement - ‘one degree’ at a time. This idea is at the heart of our school.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Associate Tutor to help found our new school. This is an exciting and rare opportunity to help shape One Degree Academy from its inception, and to be part of something profound and special.
We are particularly interested in a candidate’s commitment to the continual and incremental improvement of pupil learning and development - and in an unfaltering belief in the potential of every child - than in extensive experience. Whether you are an experienced support assistant or are recently qualified, you will play a key part in the school’s development.
As with our students, we want to grow and develop our staff, ‘step by step’: all staff will receive weekly instructional coaching and extended development time.
Our curriculum is based on cutting-edge insights from cognitive science and educational research and we look at the best practice from across the globe to influence our thinking. All staff at One Degree will visit excellent schools regularly and will have the opportunity to take part in high-quality CPD tailored to their needs.
Every decision at One Degree Academy is made upon full consideration of the question “does this help pupil’s learning?” This means that all of our developing systems are as simple, transparent and effective as they can be.
Successful candidates will have an opportunity to:
• Play a key role in the founding of our new all-through school;
• Join an organisation and team utterly committed to teacher development and growing great staff - step by step; and
• Receive weekly instructional coaching and feedback, enabling rounded development as a teacher
Successful candidates will:
• Have an unfaltering believe in the ability of all children to achieve through great teaching and a strong culture of high expectations;
• Welcome positive feedback and be committed to the idea of continuous improvement and self-development; and
• Have the skills and dedication to have a positive impact on the lives of our students and on the community of Edmonton.
If being actively involved in the development of a new, all-through school appeals to you, and if you share our passion for raising the standards of education then we would love to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for the post, then an application pack can be downloaded directly from our website.
Completed applications should be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for the receipt of completed applications is Tuesday 2nd January 2018 at 12:00 noon
Interviews will be held during the week commencing 1st January 2018
Early Applications encouraged – We will process all applications on a rolling basis.
We love welcoming visitors to One Degree Academy. If you would like to arrange a visit to the Academy site or should you wish to obtain further information regarding the Academy or the advertised post, please e-mail the Principal, Aidan Sadgrove, on email@example.com