We are looking for an associate tutor who can be a role model to our students showing resilience, leadership and empathy. A tutor who will share a passion for the outdoors with our students; demonstrating the benefits of working in the outdoors and expeditionary learning.
Our ideal candidate will:
- support children and young people who have experienced difficulty in learning in mainstream school.
- help our students develop confidence, skills and knowledge to believe that they can be successful in their own lives.
Olive AP Academy – Thurrock is based in Tilbury. Our alternative provision academy has up to 96 students aged between 11 and 16 on roll at any one time.
Our staff supports young people who have been placed at the academy for a period of intervention work following a permanent exclusion from a mainstream school. The academy also supports young people with medical needs. The academy was graded as 'Good' in all areas by Ofsted at its last inspection in December 2018.
As an Associate Tutor you will work with teachers, parents, carers, local schools and outside agencies to ensure each of our student's needs are best met.
- Forge positive and mutually respectful relationships with colleagues and students.
- Have a good understanding of outdoor education and how it can have an impact on students’ wellbeing.
- Use the ‘Dare to be Olive’ approach to ensure that high expectations for behaviour are maintained.
- Demonstrate reflective practice and ability to adapt and improve your own practice.
- Follow guidance and take direction from teachers and other professionals to best support each student.
- Communicate effectively and sensitively with students and their families.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current safeguarding practice when working with vulnerable young people.
- Have a good working knowledge of barriers to learning many of our students face, such as SEND or SEMH needs.
Please download the job pack for full details.
At Olive Academies we can offer you:
o a close and supportive team in a working environment where your wellbeing is a priority
o high quality CPD, strong links to mainstream schools and opportunities for career progression
o an organisation which is values driven and has children at the centre of everything we do
o the freedom to be innovative without the constraints of a mainstream curriculum.
Our academies always welcome visits from potential applicants. Please get in touch with Susie Tyler, Office Manager (E: email@example.com T: 01708 853781) if you would like to arrange a visit or need any further information.
Please email your completed application form, including your personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications: 20th March 2019 (noon)
Interviews to be held at Olive AP Academy – Thurrock on Tuesday 26th March 2019.