Hours per week - 35
Working weeks - Term Time plus 1 week
Closing Date Friday 22nd February 10:00am
Interviews Week commencing 25th February
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Attendance Officer with excellent people skills to support students effectively so that student attendance increases throughout the school.
As well as collating information about attendance and identifying those whose attendance is causing concern, you will be working with students, families and other agencies to ensure that all students at All Saints are attending College regularly and achieving their best.
Main duties will include:
- Playing a key role in the college to ensure that whole school attendance first meets and then exceeds the national average.
- Working alongside the Achievement Coordinators / Local Authority APSOs to raise the profile of student attendance.
- Increasing and maintaining the level of student attendance and lower Persistent Absence (PA) at the College amongst all student groups.
- Ensuring all information/data relating to student attendance is accurately recorded, analysed and acted upon in an appropriate, timely manner.
- Communicating effectively with both parents and students in person, telephone and formal letters.
- Providing up to date reports and statistics for Governors.
- Building positive relationships with both students and parents to boost attendance.
Attending student/parent meetings / make home visits in relation to student attendance issues.
- Taking telephone calls, relay messages to staff and parents.
- Undertaking routine clerical duties, including spreadsheets/excel.
What we would like from you:
- Be a team player.
- Have a sound knowledge of SIMS and Microsoft Office packages.
- Minimum of A-C grade in GCSE English and Maths or equivalent.
- Firm but approachable and have excellent people skills.
- Dedicated to promoting the college attendance policy.
- Ability to travel to locations within the local community.
- First aid and safeguarding trained would be advantageous.
All Saints is an 11-16 school, situated near the northern boundary of Kirklees. We are a Catholic school with students attending from diverse cultural backgrounds, which contribute to the distinctive ethos. In July 2017, Ofsted judged All Saints ‘good’ in every category.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our college making substantial progress under current leadership. In turn, we are looking for a candidate committed to playing a part in transforming the lives of our young people.
At All Saints College, we believe in making the world a happier place to work and promote a work/life balance within our school. We do that by providing a package of flexible employee benefits, including:
- An attractive pension scheme for both Teaching and Support staff.
- A high quality wellbeing package including medical cover, counselling, physiotherapy, fast track medical cover, care service and a 24 hour GP- helpline.
- Kirklees Employee Health Care, which also includes wellbeing support, physiotherapy.
- Care First Advice - a 24/7 information and counselling service.
- Childcare Vouchers.
- We are part of the Cycle to Work scheme. Tax free bikes and safety equipment can be payable by payroll deduction through a partnership with Cyclescheme.
Visits to the school are highly recommended – please telephone for a mutually convenient appointment.
Applications are invited from enthusiastic and highly motivated individuals who are able to work as part of the support staff team.
An Application Form and further information can be downloaded via our website www.aschc.com
Completed Application Forms should be returned to Deborah Walker – firstname.lastname@example.org
All Saints is committed to safeguarding children and young people.
All applicants must be willing to undertake DBS check.
Due to the high level of interest we receive for working with our team, we regret we can only contact the shortlisted candidates.