Kenton School is at the cutting edge of modern education. With around 1,800 students, we are amongst the largest schools in the North East; however, despite our size, we pride ourselves on retaining a family atmosphere and in ensuring that we cater for the needs of all our students, recognising their special gifts or talents.
An exciting role has arisen for an Attendance Officer to work across all year groups to support us in one of our key objectives in reducing student absence levels.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with previous experience in an education or social care setting to:
- work with pupils and families to overcome and respond to attendance concerns;
- improve learning outcomes;
- work with the wider pastoral team to analyse data and develop systems to improve attendance across all key stages;
- conduct regular home visits and attendance sweeps;
- proactively engage with parents/carers and students.
To be successful, you will have:
- a good understanding of the issues that impact on attendance at school for secondary age children;
- effective interpersonal skills;
- the ability to demonstrate both empathy and assertiveness where required.
Given that home visits are a regular requirement of the job, a full driving licence is desirable.
In return, we offer fantastic developmental possibilities due to our success, size, facilities and a forward-thinking management and staff, working together to offer the best available chances for our pupils.
Closing date: Noon on 25th March 2019
Kenton Schools Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers in our schools to share this commitment.
We are fully committed to ensuring that consistent effective safeguarding procedures are in place to support families.