Role: Attendance Officer
Salary: Grade 5. Actual salary: £22,490 - £24,344 per annum.
Working pattern: 37 hours per week, 41 weeks per year
Location: The Manor Academy, Mansfield Woodhouse
Start date: As soon as possible
The Manor Academy has an excellent reputation for its high standards of teaching, student behaviour and academic achievement. Ofsted recognised the journey we have been on when grading us as a “good” school, citing that the quality of education has been transformed since the previous inspection.
This role involves leading on whole school attendance through office-based work, working with families and with outside agencies. In school the role will support students having problems with their attendance and punctuality. The role will also work with the Pastoral Team to assist in implementing student and family engagement to improve attendance.
The successful applicant will have experience of tracking attendance within an educational setting, have experience of maintaining accurate records and have an understanding of the barriers to learning and attending school faced by children and young people, and how to help them overcome these.
Why join us?
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. This Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for staff. We are easily reached by public transport, and for those who drive, there is a large free staff carpark. We have some excellent facilities for staff and our students really want to learn and achieve.
• Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales and our minimum hourly rate for support staff is £9.25.
• Free car parking.
• An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
• The ability to request flexible working.
• Entry to a career average pension scheme.
• A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
• Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
• A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 15 September 2021 at 9am
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
The Manor Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years