A COMPELLING VISION FOR SUCCESS
Beal Sixth Form
Beal and The Forest Academy campus (Ilford and Hainault)
Contract: Permanent, 36 hours, Term time only (Including 5 Inset Days)
We are seeking to appoint an effective communicator, excellent listener, flexible worker and well organised member of the team that is committed to providing an outstanding attendance monitoring service for the sixth form across both sites as well as fulfilling administrative duties to support and enable the best possible attendance and learning environment for our sixth form students.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all members of staff to share this commitment. The below documents must be read prior to applying for this role and will be factored into selection process:
- Keeping Children Safe in Education
- BMAT – Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy, available on our website
Enhanced DBS (with list checks) is required for this post.
In line with the Government’s announcement, our Academy Trust and schools are closed until further notice. However, during this period it is our intention to continue with critical recruitment for key positions starting in September 2020. In place of school interviews, alternative options will be offered so that no one is at a disadvantage, and applicants should expect telephone or virtual interviews, with the possibility of onsite academy interviews only in special cases. We want to reassure applicants that effective measures have been implemented to ensure their health and wellbeing whilst on academy premises.
Thank you for your co-operation during this difficult time.
Purpose of role
To work alongside key school staff to:
• Promote and support high levels of attendance
• Promote a positive attendance and punctuality culture
• Form strong relationships with parents/carers to promote high levels of attendance.
General duties and responsibilities
• Responsibility for the administration of student attendance within SIMS
• Responsibility for compiling reports on student attendance
• To work closely with the Education Welfare Advisory and Support Services (EWASS), HOYs), senior leadership team and outside agencies to analyse data and compile and present reports on student attendance to promote and celebrate good attendance and the raising of standards.
• To work alongside the current attendance officers for ks3-4 to develop consistent approach
• To work with parents/carers and other agencies in improving their child’s attendance record and coordinating parental support and training where appropriate
• To ensure all registers are completed and no missing marks or unexplained absences remain
• To follow School Policy of ‘first day contact’ within the school and liaise with Pastoral Administrator
• To check and remind any necessary staff to complete registers
• To ensure all unexplained absences are accounted for or send letter requesting an explanation
• To assist and check records prior to the Census to ensure school attendance is accurate and up to date
• To monitor the attendance of vulnerable groups of students and liaise with Wellbeing/SEND DHOYs
• To meet regularly with the Education Welfare Officer (EWASS) and HOYs, to exchange information and determine appropriate levels of intervention
• To follow Attendance policy and send out letters as required
• Liaise with sixth form administration team regarding the student bursary
• Undertake reception/sixth form study centre duties, managing private study sessions answering security entry/exit phone, receiving visitors, answering and directing general telephone and face to face enquiries, signing visitors/pupils/staff in and out.
• Ensure the efficient and effective management of the school’s telephone switchboard.
• Assist with pupil first aid/welfare duties and train to be a First Aider as required.
• Liaise with other departments, for example HR, Caretakers and as well as the Cover and “On Call” team.
• Be aware of, and comply with, policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
• Be aware of, and support, diversity ensuring equal opportunities for all.
• Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the sixth form.
• Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required.
• Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
• Undertake administrative duties for a range of tasks.
• Operate relevant equipment/ICT packages (e.g. word, excel, databases, spreadsheets, Internet).
• Provide general advice and guidance to staff, pupils and others.
• Undertake general financial administration e.g. processing orders.
The above mentioned duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive, duties and responsibilities of the post may change as requirements and circumstances change. The post holder may be required to carry out such other duties as requested by management that are broadly within the level of the post.
- Qualification at Level 2 (Grade C or above) in English, Maths and Science
- ICT skills (proficient use of SIMS, Excel and Word) and knowledge of other specialist equipment/resources.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Able to work effectively in a team and contribute to its success
- Good written English and effective communication skills
- Ability to deal tactfully and confidently with telephone callers and visitors
- Ability to remain calm, composed and flexible within a busy and demanding environment
- Ability to undertake a wide range of clerical, administrative and general duties.
- Accurate in recording details and make full use of the schools’ computer systems
- Reliable, respectful, responsible & conscientious approach
- Flexibility to deal with diverse needs of the post and movement between departments and the Trust
- Establish and maintain appropriate relationships
- Integrity and confidentiality to be maintained at all times.
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently
- NVQ 3/L3 or equivalent qualification/experience