Post: Attendance Officer
Location: Ecclesfield School
Salary: Grade 5, Point 15 to 20, £23,541 to £25,991 gross per annum pro rata
Contract: Full time, 37 hours per week, 39 working weeks, Permanent
Start date: As soon as possible
Minerva Learning Trust is an expanding Sheffield based multi-academy Trust with a vision of providing outstanding education for all the students within our schools. The Trust is passionate that all students should see their time at school as happy and fulfilling with their potential developed to the utmost. We are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic Attendance Officer to work as part of both the school attendance team. The post holder will undertake morning attendance duties as part of the attendance team in order to improve student attendance.
The successful candidate will:
• be self-motivated and have the ambition to develop with the support of the Trust Education Welfare Officer
• have the ability to work as part of a team and to work independently
• have good interpersonal skills that ensure organisational communication is effective with students and families
• utilise a range of systems to ensure accuracy of data and attendance records
• Have the ability and skill to motivate students to improve their attendance levels
• have good communication and liaison skills and the ability to establish and maintain good personal working relationships with all members of the school community
• be willing to work flexibly to meet the demands of the job
If you would like to discuss the role please contact Ashleigh Beal, Headteachers PA firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be made by completing the Minerva Learning Trust Support Staff Application Form found on the Trust Central website/Schools’ website. Please send completed forms to email@example.com.
The closing date is 9:00am on Tuesday 21 September 2021 and interviews will take place on Tuesday 28 September 2021.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Further information is available by contacting Mrs Ashleigh Beal PA to the Headteacher, via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The application form and information pack are available on the school website ecclesfild-school.com Please ensure that you do not fill in a Sheffield City Council application form in respect of this vacancy as your application may not be considered.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years