Support Services for Education
Autism and Communication Service
32.43 hours per week (full time)
We are a Business & Enterprise Academy that aspires to embody our strapline of ‘Bringing Learning to Life & Life to Learning’ for every student every day. We place a large emphasis on the development of character and personality of our students, alongside a relentless drive for improving progress in all of the subjects that they study. We aim to be GREAT in everything that we do.
About the Job
We are seeking to appoint a motivated, and driven and experienced teacher, who is ready to lead a team of specialist staff in working with young people with autism. You will have proven management and leadership experience and a commitment to ensuring pupils in The Preston Base achieve good educational and personal outcomes.
We are looking for a Base Leader who:
• Will continue to work closely with the leadership team of Preston School to ensure inclusive education for students in the Autism Base
• Has the ability to develop the whole school community to deliver and achieve the highest standard of teaching and learning for those students with additional autism and communication needs
• Will continue to shape the working relationship between the school and the Local Authority (Somerset CC)
• Has an inclusive leadership style with a sense of direction, which will empower and motivate others to reach their full potential
• Has a proven ability to effectively performance manage staff within a school setting
• Is an excellent communicator with an open and approachable manner
In return, we can offer:
• Students who are engaging and interesting and love their school
• Parents and families who support the base and want their children to achieve well
• A small team of key staff, and the opportunity to build a broader staff team to support the work at the base
• The support and challenge of Preston School to develop an inclusive and mutually beneficial base
Visits to the school are encouraged by appointment, please contact Emily Walters on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a mutually convenient time. Information on the school and post can be accessed from www.prestonschool.co.uk
What we’ll offer in return
We are proud to offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of people in Somerset. We offer great training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
• We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
• Generous annual leave allowance, with the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
• Staff discounts in gyms.
• Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
• Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
• A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work, computers, mobile phones and health screenings.
• My Staff Shop offering discounts in shops, online shopping, restaurants, cinema tickets, insurance benefits and more.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.
Please note if an internal applicant who is at risk of redundancy or in need of redeployment has applied for this role and passed the selection process they will be offered the role over remaining internal and external applicants.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.
Job ref no: 10934/AB
Closing date: 21 January 2019
Interview date: 31 January 2019