An exciting opportunity has arisen to be a part of a new Additional Resourced Provision. This is an excellent opportunity to be a key member in supporting pupils and promoting the school’s new Resourced Provision for pupils with Autistic Spectrum Disorder. Our aim is to ensure that the new Additional Resourced Provision provides the highest standard of education for the students in its care and you will be pivotal in ensuring this. We want to become a Center of Excellence for the teaching of secondary school aged students with Autistic Spectrum Disorder
We are seeking to recruit a passionate and empathetic teaching assistant. You will need to be flexible, possess a variety of skills and be willing to undertake a variety of activities with our students.
The successful candidates will:
• Desirably have had experience of working with students with special needs, particularly Autism
• Have the ability to support our students in their mainstream lessons
• Provide in class support in the provision
• Have some knowledge of Autism and communication difficulties or a commitment to training
In return, we can offer:
• Ongoing training opportunities both externally and in-house
• Supportive line management
• The opportunity to work in a successful school which is undergoing an exciting expansion programme
• A caring, supportive and encouraging staff team
• A commitment to achieving the best for all of our students and staff
• A school culture that understands the importance of staff wellbeing and workload management.
Barking Abbey is a heavily over-subscribed split site secondary school in the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham, and has a well-deserved reputation for its friendly and supportive atmosphere and its excellent academic achievements.
The school is located less than 10 mins walk from Upney tube station and Barking mainline station (25 minutes from Liverpool Street).
Please click here to find out more informational about what it is like to work at Barking Abbey www.barkingabbeyschool/join-us/staff-vacancies/
Interested applicants should download the core staff application form, found on-line at www.barkingabbeyschool.co.uk and email completed application forms to email@example.com
Only fully completed application forms will be accepted, CV applications will not be considered
Closing date for this post: 9am, 27th March 2020
Interviews: Thursday 2nd April 2020.
Barking Abbey is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and a comprehensive screening process, including Disclosure check, will be undertaken on all successful applicants.