BANK COLLEGE NURSE
Salary: Scale PO4, £21.77 - £23.36 per hour inclusive of London Weighting Allowance (FTE £40,868 - £43,855 per annum).
Hours: As and when required to cover for vacancies/absence.
Location: Will need to be flexible in working across all College locations.
Orchard Hill College operates out of sites at Carshalton, Camberwell, New Malden, Wandsworth and Uxbridge. We provide a non-residential stimulating learning environment for students with special needs. We treat our students with the dignity and respect they deserve and provide them with more opportunities than ever before to be part of the local community.
You will work within the Nursing Team in conjunction with lecturing staff, promoting good health and well being in all learners by contributing to the development and implementation of the College’s health care practice. You will be expected to provide a high quality service to our learners to ensure that all individuals ‘can and do achieve.’
You will have experience of working with people with disabilities and a particular interest in learning disabilities, including epilepsy and other neurological disorders, such as intellectual disability and autism.
You must have:
• First Level Nursing qualification
• Minimum 3 years’ post registration experience
• Experience of working with young people and adults with learning disabilities preferred.
• Ability to work autonomously and as an independent practitioner
• Worked as part of a multi-disciplinary team of therapy, medical, educational and care colleagues
• Provided clinical expertise including initial assessment, therapeutic interventions and behaviour management
• Family liaison experience
• Experience of mentoring/training members of staff
To apply for this role please visit https://orchardhill.ac.uk/vacancies/ to download an application form. Once completed please send your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Monday 18 January 2021, 5 p.m.
Interview: w/c 25 January 2021.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Orchard Hill College
- Special needs
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16+ years
Opened in 2016, Orchard Hill College is an independent specialist college in Wallington, Sutton. The college has expanded its provision and now manages five learning centres, situated in local communities in Surrey and London boroughs. The coll...