“A flexible and rewarding opportunity to help shape the lives of our most vulnerable young people.”
Contract: Bank/Flexible Tutors
Salary: Dependant on experience and qualifications
Location: Flexible (Dependant on pupil requirements)
The Complete Education Solution (TCES)
TCES is a family-owned group of Good and Outstanding schools and services for pupils aged 7 to 19 with an Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC) and/or Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs. The majority of our places are funded by Local Authorities. We are committed to achieving the best outcome for each pupil and their family through access to outstanding education and family support.
We provide a sector-leading therapeutic education and pupil leadership curriculum across our two day schools (Newham and East Acton), rated by Ofsted as Good and Outstanding respectively, as well as Create Service, which works with more complex students who need intensive support as part of our ‘step down’ model. In 2020 we launched TCES Home Learning to provide a full curriculum for children who are unable to physically attend school for a variety of reasons, including severe anxiety and school phobia.
On joining us, pupils will have already – on average – experienced three permanent exclusions, been out of full-time education for up to 18 months and are recognised to be substantially at risk of being unemployed, developing severe mental health problems and involvement with the criminal justice system later in life. Between three and five years after leaving a TCES school or service, ninety per cent of our students are in education, training or employment, going on to study at college and university and pursuing careers in social care, retail and theatre amongst others.
Our authentic commitment to inclusion means that in our 20-year history working with over 3,000 children and young people we have never permanently excluded a single child. Since 2019 our fixed term exclusions have also been reduced to zero.
The Role – Bank/Flexible Tutors
A fantastic and rewarding opportunity to work flexibly around other commitments and help shape the lives of the most vulnerable young people. We are looking for experienced tutors for our brand-new service – TCES Home Learning.
Essential requirements to be successful in the role are:
• Strong literacy and numeracy skills
• Knowledge of the National Curriculum
• Substantial experience of working with pupils with SEND, with SEMH needs and/or Autistic Spectrum Condition (minimum 2 years)
• Awareness of child protection issues and commitment to safe practice
Please apply if you want to join an excellent team to ‘make a ‘real’ difference’.
In return we can offer:
• An opportunity to join a leading provider of specialist education in one of the most rewarding sectors whilst directly contributing to the positive outcomes for pupils
• Paid training including Safeguarding and MS Teams training
• Continuing Professional Development: paid comprehensive training for all staff, whether part-time or full-time
• Excellent pay: rate increases based on experience and qualification
• Flexible location: depending on assignment, staff can engage with young person remotely or in-person
• IT equipment: Chromebooks and mobiles supplied for use on assignments as well as technical support where necessary
• Skyguards: devices provided for face-to-face lone working for your safety
• Curriculum support: resources provided, and pupil engagement supported by TCES Home Learning
• Flexible contract: Tutors are free to work elsewhere aside from agreed schedule
Closing date: Rolling advert
Please download the application pack and application form by visiting our website www.tces.org.uk/vacancies.
Please complete the application form and equal opportunities form and return to email@example.com.
TCES is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects all staff to share this commitment. The appointment is subject to all relevant checks such as references, medical clearance and a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
TCES Home Learning
Various locations available
TCES Home Learning offers short-term one-to-one distance or home/community tuition to children and young people between the ages of 5 and 19 currently without school-based SEN provision in London.
Whether a child or young person is awaiting a p...