Behaviour Support Assistant
£65 - £80 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience required for this position is 2 weeks working with children within the last 2 years.
Vision for Education is seeking to appoint a qualified Behaviour Support Assistant to join our successful supply teaching team and to work in special schools and Pupil Referral Units (PRU) based in Boston.
This a temporary supporting role will be on a supply basis but with the possibility of longer-term bookings.
The desired Behaviour Support Assistant will be supporting the following pupils:
• Students who have been excluded for anti-social behaviour and emotional and behavioural difficulties (EBD)
• Student with special educational needs and disability (SEND)
• Students with school refusal: a type of anxiety which prevents them from going to school.
This Behaviour Support Assistant role would be ideal for a qualified Teaching Assistants seeking their first post or equally an experienced Teaching Assistant looking for a new challenge.
To be considered for the position of Behaviour Support Assistant you will:
• Hold a Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent.
• Have recent experience supporting students under the age of 16 in the last 2 years for at least 2 weeks.
• Ideally have recent experience supporting SEND students but this is not essential.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education:
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education can offer:
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply:
If you are a qualified Teaching Assistant interested in taking on the role of a Behaviour Support Assistant and can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact the Lincolnshire Branch.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Vision for Education Ltd