Behaviour Support Assistant
Salary: TSAT Grade D £21,214 - £23,876 FTE (Pro rata £17,960 - £20,214)
Start date: ASAP
Contract: Permanent 37 hours a week (term-time only plus 5 INSET days)
Closing Date: 18th April 2021
Interview Date : TBC
We require a Behaviour Support Assistant to join The Victory Academy. As our Behaviour Support Assistant, you will work alongside the Behaviour Learning Manager to help ensure that the support provision operates in an efficient and effective manner, making sure that every child is supported to achieve their full potential. You will assist in the promotion of high standards of punctuality, attendance, learning and behaviour, and assist with the provision of administrative support for the behaviour support team.
“The behaviour of pupils is good….Pupils are polite and show consideration for others”
“Staff feel well supported…”
The Victory Academy is part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust. We are a mixed Comprehensive School for students of all ability ranges, where everyone works and learns within its caring and supportive environment. Victory is a school for the local community, and we seek opportunities for students to develop as local citizens and serve and support our surrounding charities, industries and families.
We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. One of our many strengths is having a strong programme of arts education, including a Platinum Artsmark award which is held by less than 1% of schools in England.
We are focused on providing an education for all. Our belief is that each person is unique – every member of our community has gifts and talents that we seek to grow and channel. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum geared towards ensuring that our students will achieve their academic potential regardless of their starting points, and be dynamic members of society when they leave the Academy.
What you will need to succeed:
- Experience of working with children aged 11-18 in a school setting.
- Experience of working with children who display challenging behaviour and an ability to motivate and encourage pupils.
- Experience of resolving conflict and facilitating mediation between young people.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to be able to relate well to a wide range of people including pupils, staff, parents and external professionals.
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team whilst being able to demonstrate initiative.
- An understanding of the developmental, emotional, social and educational issues of children and young people.
- Good general standard of education at level 2 or above, including L2 English and Maths
- Knowledge of current child protection and safeguarding practice.
- Good ICT skills including use of SIMS and Behaviour Watch.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
Additional skills and experience:
- Further qualification in working with children, young people and families.
- Participation on courses relevant to supporting pupils who experience emotional and behavioural difficulties.
- Experience of working with or in alternative provision.
- Knowledge of support services available to young people
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Closing Date: April 2021park
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Please note the closing date has been extended to include the Easter break – this does not affect any existing applications. We will be in contact will all applicants following the Easter break.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We strongly encourage any teachers who may be interested in working at our school to contact Kealy Davidson – email@example.com to arrange an informal conversation about the role with our hiring manager.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Victory Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
The Victory Academy is part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust. We are a mixed Comprehensive School for students of all ability ranges, where everyone works and learns within its caring and supportive environment. Victory is a school for the...