A nurturing and progressive school in Stockport are looking to appoint a Behaviour Support Teaching Assistant to join their successful team. This is a full-time Teaching Assistant role, which will commence ASAP and will continue until April 2020.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a difference to pupils lives and their experience of education, especially those who have become disengaged from education. You will be required to support in small classes from Y7 – Y11, assisting pupils in overcoming barriers to learning and dealing with behavioural issues.
This school is looking for a committed and successful Teaching Assistant to join their motivated team. The school provides bespoke, child-centred, high quality education programmes, which aim to ensure that all the students individual educational needs are met
To be considered for the Behaviour Support Assistant position, you will be expected to:
• To work either with small groups or 1:1 with students who may demonstrate challenging behaviour and who may have Special Educational Needs.
• To facilitate a safe and positive learning environment and de-escalate any threatening or aggressive behaviour.
• To mentor and engage with the students, delivering specifically designed educational packages.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.