Behaviour Support Lead
Cambian Grateley House School
Welcome Bonus of £500* (T&Cs Apply)
Location: Grateley, Hampshire
Contract type: Permanent/Full time **TERM TIME ONLY**
Salary: £23,869 per annum
Working pattern: Flexible to meet the needs of the residential young people
Come and join an excellent multidisciplinary team who are dedicated to make a difference to young people with complex needs!
Cambian is one of the largest providers of specialist education and behavioural health services for children and young people in the UK. Our services have a specific focus on individuals who present with high severity needs. We provide a broad range of specialist services. These services include specialist education schools and colleges for both day and residential learners, residential care homes and a therapeutic fostering service.
Grateley House School has a successful tradition of supporting students between the ages of 9-19 with Asperger’s Syndrome and associated difficulties, to gain valuable life skills, qualifications and confidence to support their journey towards independence. The dedicated team recognise this success and want to offer this opportunity to a wider range of young people and adults as part the ongoing developments that are taking place across all areas of the provision.
Grateley House School is situated in a rural setting in Grateley near the town of Andover, Hampshire with educational facilities and residential homes on site. The school is at the heart of the local community where the students are able to explore and learn with opportunities to develop work experience with the local businesses.
Our person-centred approach provides students with individualised learning programmes developed to effectively match their needs, personal decisions and aspirations. The focus could be on daily living skills, vocational qualifications or independent living. Our students gain important life skills and meaningful qualifications, evidencing our commitment to enabling increased choice, control and independence.
About the role:
This is an exciting new role that supports the on-going developments at Cambian Grateley House School. It provides an exciting opportunity for someone who is highly motivated to work in this demanding and rewarding environment.
The Behaviour Support Lead will work under the direction of the Headteacher and will provide support to our young people and our staff team. The successful post holder will work collaboratively with staff across the school including the Care Team, Education Team, Therapy Team and management staff at Grateley House School.
The underpinning value of the work is to promote and embed Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) across the School. This will include completing functional behaviour assessments, analysing direct and indirect data collections, developing interventions and writing PBS Plans and behaviour reports. It will also include the provision of regular training to staff.
The role will involve a mixture of supporting the young people, supporting the staff, collaborative working with the senior management team, liaising with parents, professionals and external agencies.
Working with the staff team to create an emotionally safe learning and residential environment, provide advice and guidance to help develop skills in managing behaviour that challenges.
Requirements of the Behaviour Support Lead
• Experience of working with young people with ASD/LD and mental health
• A knowledge and commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the young people
• A good understanding of Behaviour Management methods preferably at a trainer level but not essential. However must be prepared to undertake training to deliver MAPA
• Preferred residential experience with an understanding of the regulatory requirements of CQC and Ofsted
• QCF Level 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent qualification in child/adult care/support or Psychology Degree or alternative qualification entailing knowledge of child development / mental health / Autism. English/ Maths GCSE grade C or above
• Preferred experience of working with young people with ASD and mental health in residential or education provision
• Collaborative working with a multi-disciplinary team and external stakeholders
• Experience of an accredited training programme that teaches the management and intervention techniques to help staff cope with escalating behaviour in a professional and safe manner i.e. MAPA
• Experience of applied behaviour analysis/Positive Behaviour Support
• Demonstrate resilience in challenging situations
We pride ourselves on being an Equal Opportunities Employer. And we are committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Valid for this service and position only
Paid after successful completion of probation period (6 months) or, if part time or bank, work the equivalent of 975 hours.
Payments are subject to taxable deductions
The welcome bonus can be withdrawn at any time and without notice.
If you want to learn from and work with a highly specialist, incredibly proud and integrated team that unlocks the potential of young people who will challenge you, stand up to you, ignore you, then trust you and ultimately move forward because of you, then please talk to us. We would love to help you move forward too.
Cambian Group Plc
- English secondary schools