Smart Teachers is recruiting for a dedicated and experienced Behaviour Support Officer to join an “outstanding” secondary school in Hammersmith and Fulham, West London. This is an exciting opportunity for a Behaviour Support Officer to provide support in addressing the needs of students who need particular help to overcome barriers to learning. The Behaviour Support Officer will be required to help implement the necessary routines and patterns to establish good behaviour management within the school. The full time Behaviour Support Officer position is available for an immediate start continuing through until the end of the academic year. Should the school find the right candidate a permanent contract may be on offer
About the Role
· Behaviour Support Officer
· Full time
· Immediate start
· Contracted until the end of the academic year
· Potential to continue as permanent
· Support pupils and members of staff with behaviour management in the academy and implementing behaviour management strategies.
· Line manage the Inclusion Team including Learning Support Assistants and Learning Mentors
· Salary between £19,409 - £21,760 (dependent on experience)
About the School
· Non-selective 11-18 comprehensive school.
· Rated as ‘Outstanding’ across the board by Ofsted
· Friendly supportive working environment
· Well-motivated and academically selected pupils
· Short walk from a train station nearby
In order to be considered for this role, the Behaviour Support Officer will need to meet the following criteria:
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
· Strong behaviour management preferred but not essential
· Health and safety training or experience
· Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Undertaken team teach training desirable
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum preferred
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number SZV13171.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.