We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed member of staff to join our team in providing high quality pastoral care, guidance and welfare to our students. A key part of this role is to challenge, motivate and inspire young people to achieve their potential and help them overcome any barriers to learning.
The successful candidate will:
• Supervise the behaviour unit/isolation area within school and address the needs of students who need particular help to overcome barriers to learning
• Challenge and motivate students, promoting and reinforcing self-esteem.
• Have highly developed communication, organisational, negotiation and interpersonal skills
Deadline: Noon on Wednesday 22 September 2021
Shortlisting will take place Thursday 23 September interviews taking place WC 27 September 2021
How to apply:
Application packs can be downloaded from the website.
Letters of application should be no more than two sides of A4 and should be returned with application forms to email@example.com or by post to Jade Hutton, Bedlington Academy, Palace Road, Bedlington, NE22 7DS.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Ashington Academy was opened in 1960 as Ashington Grammar School and became a comprehensive school in the mid-seventies. We are now an 11 to 18 secondary school and sixth form.
In 2007 we became a foundation school (we own our land and buildings and ...