Business (Economics 1 & 2, Business 1 & 2, Accounts, Marketing 1, 2, 3 Business Law 2, 3)
Quality of our academic programmes is core to what we do in the UK and Europe Academic Office headed by Professor Paul McDermott Director of Learning and Teaching.
You will be working within a team of Subject Leaders, to lead the academic development of material and annual monitoring of all modules on the Bellerbys foundation pathway relevant to the subject area. Provide support and training to those delivering the modules in the subject field and ensure the integrity and quality of assessments, the curriculum and the constructive alignment of the modules to the programme.
The role is not a teaching post but you will be expected to have teaching experience; experience of designing and delivering courses with reference to external frameworks; working with VLE and using data to improve learner outcomes; and having experience of standardisation and moderation of course work and exams (preferably in a multi-college environment). The role also has no management responsibility.
You'll be based in the South-East of England with travel primarily to Brighton, Cambridge and London for meetings and job related activities.
Length of appointment: initially for a fixed-term of up to 2 years.
Student learning experience
- Liaise with University of Lancaster Link Tutors, Bellerbys University Partner and Bellerbys Foundation teachers to maintain the currency and quality of each module in the subject field to meet the needs of students progressing to their respective university degree programmes
- Maintain and update the VLE site for students to ensure that module sites are consistent with the Study Group VLE framework and that students are provided with additional support materials for each module of the subject area, assessment practice and resources to promote wider research or reading of their field of interest
- Deliver guest lectures to Foundation students on the Pathway at each of the 3 Bellerbys colleges
- Source, produce and update teaching and assessment materials for Bellerbys Foundation teachers for each module of the pathway and maintain the teacher VLE site for the pathway
- Provide subject related training and professional development to Bellerbys Foundation teachers through workshops and webinars, in liaison with college management
- Produce and contribute to a pathway handbook for new Bellerbys Foundation teachers to the pathway and update this as required
- Organise and contribute to the writing of exam papers, mark schemes and other assessments for the modules in the pathway
- Organise the checking of the exam papers and liaise with external examiners to ensure the quality of assessments
- Oversee the production, printing and distribution of assessments for the pathway and ensure any erratum notices are sent in timely manner
Quality and standards assurance and enhancement
- Take responsibility for the academic development and appropriate diversification of the modules on the pathway (including revision of modules and the development of new modules) in consultation with link tutors and Bellerbys Foundation teachers using appropriate approval procedures
- Organise cross college moderation of assessments and resolve issues with the support of Bellerbys Academic Management
- Collect and analyse results of individual modules and the pathway to produce termly and annual reports for Bellerbys College Foundation Committee and to contribute to the Annual Monitoring Report for Lancaster University
- Attend steering meetings, BCFQC meetings and be present at any academic oversight visits including PAB meetings as required
- Commitment to the maintenance of the highest possible academic standards in curriculum and assessment
- High standards of integrity and honesty
- Strong planning, development and implementation skills
- Action orientated with close attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to network and engage in advanced scholarly pedagogic activity
Please click on the APPLY button to download an application form and submit applications to email@example.com
For selection criteria, please see job description attached.
For any further questions, please contact Professor Paul McDermott (Director of Learning and Teaching) via the email above.
Closing date: 18th June 2018.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.