The Duston School is looking to appoint a School Counsellor specialising in trauma and bereavement.
This is an exciting opportunity to help deliver a counselling service to students in the school setting. You will provide a high quality counselling service to students experiencing a wide range of emotional and wellbeing concerns, focusing primarily on trauma and bereavement but also working at the forefront of the service.
Applicants must be qualified counsellors/ therapists and be BACP Registered or Accredited or HPC or UKCP Registered/Accredited, and experienced in counselling young people aged 11-16 ideally within an educational setting.
The school offers competitive working conditions and packages, including:
- Westfield Healthcare Plan.
- Free on-site parking.
- A school meeting calendar that privies year team and faculty meeting time.
- A strong school culture.
- A centralised approach to student care and detentions.
- A knowledge rich curriculum.
- A sensible approach to emails, with no work emails sent at weekends and during the Christmas, Easter and Summer breaks.
- A strong stance on staff CPD, with a real focus on staff subject knowledge.
The Duston School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years