We are searching for an exceptional individual with relevant experience and ambition, gained in either in an educational setting or commerce to assume responsibility for the school’s financial and operational activity. This is the most senior non-teaching position in the School and a critical strategic appointment.
The Bursar is responsible to the Governors, Directors and Head for the financial health of the School and for the proper and effective running of the School’s ‘administration, infrastructure and facilities, working closely the SLT to develop and deliver the School’s strategic plans, mission and ethos. At the same time, this is a hands-on role and the Bursar will be expected to undertake much of the work required with only a small support team. The successful candidate will:
· Lead all aspects of Administration, Finance and Operations, working in conjunction with the Head and Directors.
· Be responsible for financial record keeping, monthly reporting and budget monitoring.
· Play a key strategic and advisory role as a member of the School's Senior Leadership Team
· Ensure the school’s compliance with regulatory requirements
· In addition to the above, have a wide and far-reaching role across the school covering but not limited to, HR, property and Health and Safety matters.
· Accounting Qualification, or Level 5 Diploma in School Business Management.
· Sound financial judgement and a strong track record in financial management, reporting and budgetary control
· Enthusiasm and energy
· Excellent interpersonal skills; outstanding organisational skills
· Flexibility, courtesy, discretion, patience and a sense of humour are essential
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· ICT skills: excellent knowledge of financial, word, excel and database systems.
· Ability to use initiative and work independently