Cardinal Pole Catholic School
The 2017 OFSTED praised the work of the school in every aspect, grading the Sixth Form and Personal Development as outstanding. Our most recent inspection in October 2016 from the Diocese of Westminster graded the school as outstanding in every category. The report commented that our ‘distinctive inclusive ethos of this school is tangible in every area of school life from classroom to corridors and in relationships between students and staff’ and described progress as outstanding. Importantly, it described the school as a ‘safe place that allows all to flourish’ and a place where ‘students make outstanding progress’.
We are seeking a committed professional who has a real passion for Business & Economics and an enthusiasm to work with our brilliant students. This is a high achieving school. This position is ideal for either an experienced teacher or a newly qualified teacher. All of our teachers receive career stage CPD through both an internal CPD programme and the use of external providers also where needed. You will join a very positive, willing and dedicated team of staff.
You must hold QTS (or equivalent) to apply for this role.
The Business Department is highly successful, well-resourced and fully staffed.
Post Title: Business and Economics Teacher
Salary: Inner London
Required for: September 2020
Closing Date: Friday 27th March 2020 at 8.30am
Interview Date: Wednesday 1st April 2020
We are looking for the following:
• A strong classroom practitioner.
• Ability to teach the full age range
• A person committed to the highest standard of achievement for all students.
• Be committed to the school’s ethos and vision.
We can offer you professional development to begin or advance your career. You will be part of a school that is established in developing practitioners and nurturing future leaders. The opportunities for progression at Cardinal Pole are significant. We offer a range of CPD, including multiple Middle Leadership pathways in addition to supporting preparation for Senior Leadership via MA study, NPQSL and SLT secondment opportunities. There is no doubt that these opportunities will help you achieve your own career ambitions rapidly.
Why work at Cardinal Pole?
Cardinal Pole is a unique school and an educating community. As a Catholic school, the success our students has been achieved with a different philosophy to many other inner city schools. Come and see it for yourself. We aim for our school to be a challenging but humane community, where we seek to ensure that everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We also make sure all of our students pursue a rich programme of study at all key stages appropriate for their age and ability, ensuring that there is no narrowing of the curriculum.
These aims, coupled with high expectations for everyone has resulted in remarkable success for our students.
• Academic results that places the school in the top 10% of all schools in the country for progress at GCSE. (Current Progress 8 Score +0.37)
• A-Level and Vocational results that place the Sixth Form in the Top 10% nationally for progress (ALPs 2 over last 3 years)
• An incredible team of staff who are highly skilled, dynamic and passionate about securing the very best outcomes for the community we serve.
• Excellent CPD opportunities at all levels including part-funded MA study (T&Cs apply)
• A sensible marking policy. Bi-weekly early school closure to enable dedicated marking time for all staff.
• Maximum of 80% teaching timetable to facilitate marking, planning and meeting times.
• Centralised detention system for behaviour, punctuality and homework to ensure teachers are as free as possible to focus on teaching, planning and marking.
• Only 2 formal Assessment points for Years 7-10 a year with marking time built into assessment week.
• Sophisticated modern school building set in the heart of vibrant Hackney
• Free staff access to a modern and high quality gym
• A proactive and thriving staff well-being group
• Free Breakfast every day for staff and students
• Free Bike servicing for staff and cycle to work scheme
• Travel Loans. Interest free loans to assist staff in meeting travel costs (T&Cs apply)
To apply, please email your completed Application, Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and Recruitment Monitoring form to firstname.lastname@example.org or send in the post for the attention of Stacey Wright, HR Officer
Please note that CV’s will not be accepted.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be undertaken. We are an Equal Opportunities employer with excellent CPD provision.