This is a great time to join one of the most exciting schools in the country. We are looking for an excellent business teacher who is passionate about their subject to join an innovative business team within our vibrant new sixth form. Ideally, you will be an experienced GCSE, BTEC or A-level teacher and will relish bringing the subject alive at a school full of dynamic, entrepreneurial students. Applications from outstanding NQTs are welcome.
School 21 is a very special and different kind of place to work in. We empower staff to find their voice and their creativity. We offer collaboration and learning across ages and subjects. All staff have a tailored programme of professional development which results in strong outcomes for the students. We offer multiple routes to progression through subjects and pedagogies. We believe strongly in developing the full potential of all staff.
We believe the teaching of business should involve regular and sustained connections to the real world, with students applying the theories they are learning to real world events. We see the subject as a platform for students to apply what they are learning through quality work placements. School 21 has pioneered real world learning and students have placements in organisations where they do projects that really stretch them. You will have the chance to enhance these projects and also use these techniques in your teaching.
Since we opened in 2012 we have put learning and teaching at the heart of everything we do. We have developed a unique approach to oracy including setting up a charity, Voice 21 (https://www.voice21.org/) which is already working with several hundred schools. We have also pioneered real world, interdisciplinary learning in collaboration with a network of extraordinary organisations: creative, artistic, high tech, professional.
At School 21 we believe that the purpose of education is to develop the whole child: head (academics), heart (character and well-being) and hand (generating ideas, problem solving, creating extraordinary authentic outcomes).
School 21 has established a strong track record - an outstanding ofsted, excellent GCSE results and a growing reputation, for example being the first and only international case study chosen by US educators, Edutopia https://www.edutopia.org/school/school-21.
There was strong recognition In the Ofsted for the ethos and approach of the school:
"Pupils across the school make exceptional progress."
"Pupils have excellent attitudes to learning, impeccable manners and show respect for everyone.”
“Staff morale is exceptionally high. Teachers at the early stages of their career value the ‘fantastic’ professional development and opportunities to learn from each other. Those with more experience said that they have become much better teachers since joining the school.”
Through project-based learning "pupils achieve remarkable standards of work and demonstrated knowledge and skills at levels beyond those expected for their age group."
“Pupils talk and discuss with a maturity and confidence that is remarkable for their years."
The successful candidate will be:
- An excellent teacher and subject specialist
- Skilled at fostering independent, student-led learning
- A creative and deep thinker about pedagogy
- Innovative in using new technology to enhance learning
- A collaborative planner, able to work across subject disciplines
- Interested in developing the growth of every child – head, heart and hand
ABOUT SCHOOL 21:
- 4 to 18 mixed, inclusive school in the heart of Stratford, Newham
- Cutting edge pedagogy and curriculum
- Small - only 80 children in each year group R - Y11 and 150 students in each year group Y12-13
- We have approval to set up two new schools in close proximity to School 21 which will give staff more opportunities to grow and develop - the first of these opens to students in September 2021.
- Outstanding career development and exceptional CPD
- Generous TLRs based on experience and skills
- The chance to network with outstanding practitioners and learn from the best
- Collaborative working across the 4 to 18 school
- Leadership training and development opportunities
- A strong feedback culture so that teachers can develop in areas of their practice that are important to them
- Every teacher being part of a team/circle that develops strategic practice
To apply please visit www.school21.org.uk
Apply by: Friday, 21st May 2021 at 9am
Likely interview date: Wednesday, 26th, or Thursday, 27th May 2021
School 21 is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding children.
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years
About School 21
School 21 is a pioneering 4 to 18 school in Stratford, East London, for girls and boys and children from all starting points and backgrounds. We are looking for the next cohort of teachers who want to continue to shape the school so t...