Required for January 2022, we seek to appoint a School Business Manager to be responsible for all aspects of the school budget, finances and health and safety. This is a full-time role for 52.14 weeks per year.
Joining us, you will play a key role in supporting the Headteacher and will join the senior leadership team to ensure our continued progress, with responsibilities including HR management, site and buildings and health and safety.
To be successful, you will demonstrate:
- Significant experience of financial management, including end-of-year accounts and external liaison with auditors
- The ability to maintain appropriate financial systems to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- The ability to think strategically and to articulate how you will further the school’s vision
- Familiarity with business priorities in the education sector and be adept at balancing competing priorities
- The ability to analyse and interpret data, presenting it in accessible form to various audiences to inform decision making
- Sound judgement, excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team
- The ability to successfully line manage colleagues to ensure high-quality provision.
Hedingham School is a successful and oversubscribed 11 to 18 mixed comprehensive community school. Whilst being in a beautiful rural setting, many staff commute from surrounding towns and cities including Chelmsford, Colchester and Cambridge.
Student progress and attainment is consistently strong and in 2019, 74% of students gained 4+ in both English and Mathematics at GCSE.
We are committed to maintaining an ethos of high expectations and supporting staff and students to achieve their potential.
Closing date: Noon on Wednesday 15 September 2021
Interview date: Tuesday 28 September 2021
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates will be subject to safer recruitment procedures.
Hedingham School and Sixth Form
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Hedingham School and Sixth Form enjoys the benefits of a superb location in rural Essex. The extensive buildings are situated in large grounds in a scenic landscape.
The School usually supports 7 forms of entry in Year 7 with an average class size o...