Position: Business Manager
Commencing Date: As soon as possible
Classification: Full Time, Permanent
Salary Range: $105,882 - $119,172 per annum pending experience
Closing Date: Monday, 20 September 2021
St Catherine's Catholic College, The Whitsundays is a Prep to Year 12 co-educational college, established by the Sisters of Mercy in 1925. The college’s vibrant, modern and innovative facilities are inspiring learning spaces for students both within the classroom and outside, allowing teachers to use the right strategies at the right time for their class.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
About the role
The Business Manager is responsible for the efficient and effective management of the financial operations administration and support services for both day-to-day operations and forward planning of the college to ensure its financial sustainability. The role provides expert advice and support to the Principal and the Leadership Team to ensure that the college is well organised and operating in accordance with the College Improvement Plan.
The Business Manager is responsible to the Principal for all matters of administration and financial control of the college and is to be loyal and supportive of the Principal’s judgments as the final arbiter in decision making processes. The Business Manager will assist the Principal in reporting financial information to the College Board. It is essential that the Business Manager adhere to the bounds of confidentiality demanded of this position.
The Business Manager will liaise with the Principal and College Architect with respect to building programs undertaken and is responsible for ensuring capital programs are accounted for appropriately. The Business Manager will also ensure that the required records are maintained to enable acquittal where necessary.
- Successful leadership and management of the day-to-day accounting and record keeping, and internal controls will ensure the integrity of financial and other records, adherence to policies and procedures, compliance with Government legislation and good governance practices
- Successful management of school debtors consistent with the ethos of Catholic Education
- Provision of sound and timely financial advice to the College’s Leadership team to assist the college in achieving the College Improvement Plan
- Successful development of budgeting and management of reporting functions of the college will ensure regular, timely and accurate information and reports are presented to the Principal, department heads and external bodies such as external auditors and Townsville Catholic Education Office (TCEO)
- Ongoing focus on identifying and reporting on areas for improvement and contributing to quality improvement activities in order to deliver effective services to the college community in a dynamic environment
- Successful management of the support services will ensure the College buildings, plant and equipment, gardens and grounds are regularly attended to, well maintained and consistently ready for use by the school community
- Work proactively with TCEO Finance Department and finance leaders from other Diocesan schools to improve outcomes for the system of schools
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a comparable role
- Demonstrated experience in leading client service focused teams in a multidisciplinary environment to set and achieve operational goals
- Demonstrated advanced experience in the use of integrated business management systems
- Well-developed analytical skills with the ability to interpret and understand relevant data and information in a financial setting
- Well-developed knowledge of Australian accounting standards and management accounting practices
- Effective knowledge to develop and lead projects to better meet the identified needs of the college
- Proven ability to manage conflict situations and see them through to a positive conclusion
- Proven expertise in providing professional advice and recommendations to support best practice
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of employees and community members across primary and secondary school settings
- A demonstrated ability to develop and sustain productive working relationships and contribute to effective teamwork within an organisational setting
- Flexibility and adaptability in the face of competing demands and priorities within a busy environment
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card - The successful candidate will require a paid Blue Card before commencement as per the No Card, No Start policy developed by the Queensland Government
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Accounting, Commerce, Business or similar
- Accreditation and membership with an Australian accounting professional body (e.g. CPA, CAANZ)
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Ability to travel from time to time within the Catholic Diocese of Townsville
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner
Some employees may be subject to pre-employment medical assessments during the selection process. Depending on the nature of the position, it may be necessary for successful applicants to be immunised against certain preventable diseases in order to minimise the risk of transmission
What we offer
- Competitive Salary range: $105,882 - $119,172 per annum pending experience
- Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Access to salary packaging options to maximise employee benefits and salary
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Access to additional Employer Superannuation Contributions
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Long Service Leave may also be applicable)
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Access to corporate health schemes
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Leadership development opportunities
- Wellbeing programs and initiatives
How to apply
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key accountabilities of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
Please see the Position Description for more information.
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 5pm Monday, 20 September 2021.
View other vacancies here.
Diocese of Townsville Catholic Education