Due to the swift and effective action by His Majesty’s government, Brunei Darussalam continues to be a safe haven and oasis of calm amidst the challenges of Covid-19. Whilst there are expectations to remain vigilant, schools, recreational activities, shopping, family activities and events continue as normal. Brunei Darussalam is a perfect, welcoming location for teachers and their families to enjoy the beauty and diversity of South East Asia.
The school is seeking a Specialist CACHE Trainer and Assessor. As an established Centre, ISB provides vocational training to staff as part of our rigorous professional development programme as well as to the local community. The key responsibilities include the planning and delivery of CACHE/NCFE courses as Trainer and Assessor including the Level 2 Diploma in Early Years, Level 2 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities and Levels 2 Certificates in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools.
The successful applicant will also lead the CACHE Centre and develop our course programme alongside our experienced CACHE team. He/She will undertake direct observations and professional discussions and to assist in Standardisation and IQA moderation and to appraise Trainers and Assessors of the ISB CAHCE Centre. Coordinate and promote effective in-school and external vocational provision and be responsible for the development and continual up date of the long and medium term framework for vocational learning (with an emphasis on Early years qualifications).
The candidate will liaise with other professionals and local provisions to continually improve and maintain high standards of teaching, learning and best practice. The successful candidate will be an outstanding teacher and they must have experience in Early Years as well as training and mentoring others.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious leader to join our school, collaborating with a high performing and dedicated team of professionals.
The successful candidate will have experience of:
• A school with an inclusive ethos;
• An institution which pursues holistic education – fitting our “Everyone Excels” motto;
• A diverse student and staff body;
• A fast-moving educational environment;
• An institution which develops, promotes and has implemented innovative education ideas and practices.
The successful candidate will be:
• positive, and have a determination to succeed;
• flexible, adaptable and resilient;
• a team player;
• committed to enriching the academic curriculum.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 1 years teaching experience.
- A degree where the title includes subject taught.
- UK Qualified Teacher Status or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom or United States.
- References, Medical check, Criminal background check
- Below 54 years of age
International School Brunei - Bandar Seri
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 18 years