(Full-time 36 hours per week, all year)
Stanmore College has a great opportunity for you to provide Information, Advice and Guidance to both young learners, aged 16 – 19, and adults. You will provide accurate and up-to-date information and advice on courses, jobs, apprenticeships and careers, both face to face and on the telephone to include in-depth one to one interviews as required
You will have experience of providing advice, support and guidance to 16-19 year olds or to adults in 1 to 1 and in group settings plus a relevant qualification at level 3 or above and an IAG qualification at Level 6.
Salary: Band G, points 21 – 24, £26,624 - £28,664 per annum
Application form and further details of the post available from the Stanmore College website : www.stanmore.ac.uk or by telephone on 0208 420 7739.
Closing date for applications is Monday, 20th September 2021
Interviews will take place on Tuesday, 28th September 2021
1. Providing accurate and up-to-date information and advice on courses, jobs, apprenticeships and careers, both face to face, on the telephone and on-line to include in-depth one to one interviews as required.
2. Support the Head of Student Services and Work Placement Team in ensuring the college meets all Gatsby Benchmarks and champions good practice across college.
3. Develop, plan and deliver an innovative and effective cross college careers programme including preparing materials for tutorials, Higher Education, Apprenticeships and employability workshops.
4. Actively research and arrange suitable opportunities for students with regular communication to ensure students and curriculum staff are informed of forthcoming opportunities.
5. Organise in-house and external events/workshops, including careers and employability Fairs. That actively promotes all aspects of careers, developing student’s employability skills and soft outcomes.
6. Attending careers, employment and HE related events such as conferences, network meetings and university open days, as appropriate, to update and develop careers knowledge.
7. Maintain and coordinate effective links with curriculum, tutors, support services, parents/carers, HE institutions, employers and other internal and external services to ensure the careers provision is consistent, inclusive and facilitates progression for all students.
8. Develop and maintain a comprehensive and up-to-date careers information and resources and make available for staff, students, parents and partners to access.
9. Support users with careers-related online resources and other appropriate careers and HE related websites.
10. Maintaining up to date careers information on the College Study Space (VLE) and provision of information for the website.
11. Coordinate and support UCAS procedures across the College including the UCAS application portal and provide advice to students and staff to ensure the process runs smoothly Including assisting students with UCAS applications, checking Personal Statements /References and processing UCAS applications as required, accessing and sharing UCAS reports and providing students’ destination data to the management team.
12. Processing NARIC (Statements of Comparability) in order for students to apply to study at the College.
13. Attending careers fairs and other internal/external events to provide IAG to potential applicants considering Stanmore College and liaising with the College’s marketing team re. events.
14. Support the quality assurance process to ensure college standards are worked to and maintained (e.g. OFSTED and Gatsby Benchmarks)
15. Manage Matrix quality standard accreditation working in co-ordination with staff across college in order to maintain the standard and achieve renewals.
16. Undertake activity as appropriate to monitor access and take up of guidance and collect data/evidence needed for monitoring, reporting and measure impact purposes
17. Willingness to undertake further training and careers related skills enhancement as required.
18. Taking personal responsibility for supporting, promoting and following all College policies in relation to health and safety, safeguarding, equality and diversity and data protection within the scope of the post.
Desirable due to nature of the job: applicants who hold a full driving licence.
The postholder can be required to carry out any other duties consistent with the grade of post, at any site on which the College may operate.
This job description is current at the date shown below. In consultation with the postholder, it is liable to variation by management within a reasonable timescale to reflect or anticipate changes in or to the job.
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years