Job Title: Careers Advsior
Grade: LGPS Band 3 to Midpoint
Responsible to: Careers Leader
Liaison with: Students, parents, post-16 educational institutions, apprenticeship providers, businesses, employers, business mentors and SLT
Job Purpose: To provide impartial information, advice and guidance to help people make realistic choices about education, training and work.
* Manage the provision of careers and labour market information
* Manage the careers section of the school's website
* Liaise with tutorial managers, mentors and SENCO to identify students needing guidance
* Plan a systematic and structured careers offer to ensure no child is left behind.
* Provide impartial information, advice and guidance to individuals and to groups of students in relation to all aspects of their progression planning.
* Assist students with action planning following their careers interview.
*Work with the Personal Development & Well-being T & L lead to develop careers related activities across the school.
* Interview students either one to one or in small groups, recording interviews and advice given on student action plans.
* Assist students to draw up action plans for employment through apprenticeships, education and training and supporting them to achieve their goals.
* The management and administration post-16 applications
* Gather information on the labour market and employment trends in order to offer up to date accurate knowledge of opportunities to support effective career guidance.
* Maintain the careers library and careers resources
* Develop and promote the use of progression related IT/online systems and software across the school, intended destinations records and progression, alongside the PSHE Coordinator.
*Contribute to the compilation of the school's intended destinations data.
*Assist in the planning and organising of careers related activities in school.
* Collate evidence for maintenance of the Quality in Careers Standard Award
* Deal with general career related correspondence and enquiries both by telephone, letter and email.
* Word process letters and documents for internal and external use.
* Photocopy and circulate documentation to the relevant staff.
* Input relevant data onto the school's Management Information System.
* Collate evaluations relating to WRL activities.
* Work with the Data Manager on the transfer and updating of data for intended destinations, references etc.
* Be available to offer independent impartial advice and guidance at schools where agreement of support exists.
* Lead on work-shadowing and/ or work experience.
* Establish and develop links with FE colleges, apprenticeship providers and universities.
* Establish and develop links with employers.
* Develop and promote FE links across the curriculum and assisting in the development of FE partnerships.
* Organise university and college visits.
* Organise people from the world of work, including employers, colleges and universities, apprenticeships to inspire student's post-16. This should include an impact analysis.
* Facilitate outside careers and FE provider visits to the school.
*Co-ordinate Rotary mock interviews and interview practice for students.
* Responsibility for Business Marketing
* Participate in the performance and development review process, taking personal responsibility for identification of learning, development and training opportunities in discussion with the line manager.
* Comply with individuals responsibilities, in accordance to the School's Equal Opportunities Policy.
* The Local Governing Board is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
* The duties above are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and post holder may be required by the Head teacher to carry out appropriate duties within the context of the job, skills and grade.