For three decades the St. George’s British International School group has shown particular strengths in crafting education based on fundamental values. An innovative learning architecture paired with unlimited possibilities to nurture personal interests and the support of a thriving international community distinguish St. George’s in pioneering future-oriented schooling. Our community of dedicated teaching and administrative professionals located in Munich, Cologne and Duisburg-Düsseldorf consists of people who embrace these values and passion, believing in our vision of developing the future of education together.
Located in Munich and joining the Secondary School we are looking for a full-time
Careers and University Guidance Counsellor (m/f/d)
In this role you will be responsible for providing effective, impartial and individualised careers education, information, advice and guidance. You will lead and support students with their career planning by co-ordinating activities and resources designed to help students make well thought-out and thoroughly researched choices about their next steps.
The successful candidate will be a person with vision, energy, and attention to detail who is comfortable working in a collaborative environment, loves providing creative people solutions and can thrive in a growing, and fast-changing environment.
- Counsel students on their career and university choices.
- Establish and maintain the careers education provision across the secondary school.
- Ensure that students understand the consequences of option choices for later career paths and university entrance.
- Ensure that pupils have knowledge of alternative career routes and where to find information in Germany.
- Provide continued support and advice to students when they receive university offers and their IB results, making themselves available on results day and potentially during school holidays.
- Lead whole school parent information sessions
- Build and maintain a resource bank to share with parents that includes appropriate links and current opportunities.
Outreach and research:
- Maintaining contact with universities in order to keep abreast of changes to admission requirements and university business
- Making and maintaining links with local businesses for taster days, insets and meet and great, integrating the school with local and global business communities
- Attending training sessions in order to familiarise themselves with the process of applying to universities in different countries.
- Enhancing links with alumni to provide opportunities for current students and to invite them to contribute to the careers guidance process in school
- Co-ordinate the work experience programme in conjunction with the Upper School leadership team.
- Planning and organisation of university fairs, trips and various other career events
- Co-ordinate references for university applications.
- Liaise with the Head of Secondary and Heads of Section, keeping them informed of any issues and developments.
- Provide training to the wider staff body on the careers provision in school
- Ensure that all careers related documentation remains current, appropriate and informative for the ever changing needs of our students and their parents
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills. Fluency in English is a prerequisite for this position, fluency in German is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of the German education and university system
- Prior experience of working in a similar role is essential
Why join us:
The performance of our people is what defines the success of St. George’s. Our teams are enabled to take the initiative and encouraged to think and act like entrepreneurs. The multinational corporate environment provides our talented employees with a large area to expand professionally and offers multiple opportunities to enrich their individual mindsets and experiences. By joining us, you will be part of our community life and actively participate in varied projects, allowing St. George`s to continually evolve.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
To innovate your career please send your letter of application, updated C.V. and desired salary in English to:
Mr Christopher Lewis
Head of Recruitment
St. George's - The British International School Munich
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
St. George’s, The British International School
An outstanding teaching opportunity in Germany with schools in Cologne, Duisburg-Düsseldorf and Munich
Founded since 1985, St. George’s has established itself as a leading and progressive group of school...