This is an excellent opportunity for a Careers Coordinator to work at a high achieving, fully comprehensive school in Dorking in Surrey.
Who we are:
Ashcombe is highly sought-after, with very high levels of interest for September 2021. This is due to a wide range of factors including its facilities, academic results, standards of teaching, pastoral care, the wide range of trips and extra-curricular activities and the resultant attitudes of its pupils. In our 2020 ‘Investors in People’ Report, our staff said:
“It is a great place to work, and I can see all the things that are happening – it’s all positive”
What we offer:
• A supportive climate in which there is much cooperation, resulting in detailed schemes of work and excellent resources
• Courses run for both GCSE and A-Level students
• Regular professional development opportunities
• Day nursery on site with preferential rates for staff
• On-site parking
• Close to A25, M25 and local train stations
What we’re looking for:
We have created a new exciting role at Ashcombe to support students in uncovering their career aspirations. Careers education has been a central part of Ashcombe School with events such as the annual Careers Fair, the Apprenticeship Fair and our virtual careers events attracting praise both regionally and nationally. We are desperate to build on these successes by creating a new, careers focussed post. The post has three key aims:
• To coordinate and develop the whole school careers programme so as to ensure we connect with as wide a group of young people as possible
• To support personalised guidance in Key Stage 4 so that we enable all of our students to move onto the correct destination at 16
• To further develop the range of events and information sharing in school that will help to inspire our future generations
The post is a central part of our wider vision to ensure our young people leave the school prepared to leave fulfilled lives in the 21st century. We are looking for a dynamic, inspiring, creating and empathetic individual. The successful candidate will be able to connect with a range of audiences both internally and externally, from students through to experts in their professional field. Above all else, the successful candidate will have an inner personal drive to make a real difference to young people’s lives by offering imaginative, informed and personalised support.
The post is for a fixed term until August 2022.
Chris Panting, Headteacher, will be conducting a Presentation via Zoom on 1st April 2021 at 6pm to further introduce the school and explain the direction and ethos. If you are interested in attending, please email email@example.com to request an invite.
How to apply:
Click the ‘Quick apply’ button below to complete an application form.
Applications must be submitted by 8am on Monday 12th April 2021. Please note we may interview as applications are received. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted shortly after the closing date. Interviews are likely to be via Zoom.
Whatever the outcome of your application we thank you for the interest you have shown and wish you well in your future career.
The Ashcombe School,
Ashcombe Road, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 1LY
Tel: 01306 886312
The Ashcombe School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years