Careers lead required for September 2019 - earlier start possible
Salary up to £30,000 pro rata negotiable for right candidate.
Due to the retirement of the current post holder, we have an exciting opportunity to appoint an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to join us as Careers Lead. Start date negotiable as we would like to have a good handover period.
The Careers Lead provides Careers information, guidance and advice to our school community. This post also involves supporting the College’s enterprise agenda which aims to ensure that all students are fully prepared for their future working lives.
The position is for 36 hours per week, term time plus 2 weeks during the school holidays. The hours of work are to be negotiated, but a degree of flexibility will be required as there are times during the year when certain tasks have more prominence.
This is a very varied, interesting role and plays an integral part of the school’s Character programme. If you are self-motivated, have a passion for guiding students to fulfil their potential and are looking for your next challenge, we would be pleased to hear from you.
The ideal candidate will:
• have experience in a similar capacity.
• be qualified to Level 6 diploma in careers guidance and development or hold a qualification in Career Development (QCD) Level 7 (or equivalent). Applications will be considered from individuals working towards the relevant qualification or who would be willing to do so.
• Preferably be on the CDI register.
• Be a confident, organised, pro-active individual who is able to prioritise their time and have the ability to work on their own initiative.
• be enthusiastic and passionate about helping students.
• have excellent inter-personal/networking skills
• have good attention to detail
• have good listening skills.
St Joseph's College is one of the oldest boys Catholic Schools in the South with over 163 years of History.We are a successful 11-18 Boys’ School (Girls in the 6th Form) on the Croydon/Lambeth border. As a Catholic school we place our faith in the person realising that each life is unique and precious. The College provides a highly supportive working environment and we are committed to professional development.
We would encourage any potential applicants to visit or telephone the school for an informal discussion about this position with the Headmaster.
For full details on this vacancy please contact Mr S Cabrera, Director of Development: firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed College Application forms to be sent to the Head's PA
Mrs C Stevens: email@example.com
Closing date for the receipt of completed applications:
Friday 26th April 2019 by 9.00 am
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for this role. Applications may be considered whilst the post is being advertised. SJC reserves the right to close the adverts earlier that the stated deadline.