37 hours per week, 38 weeks per annum
We are seeking to recruit an outstanding Careers Mentor to join our team. The role will involve you working across the curriculum with students of differing ages, prior-attainment and needs.
We would welcome applications from candidates with the following experience, skills and qualities:
• Experience of working effectively in a 'team around the learner' in partnership with a qualified teacher; with whole classes and small groups or individuals;
• Track record of raising standards with young people across the prior-attainment range;
• Passion for inclusivity and progress for all learners;
• Ability to work flexibly for the best outcomes for young people – a ‘can do’ attitude to identifying barriers and overcoming them;
• Maths and English qualifications to at least Level 2
In return we offer:
• Being part of a vibrant, inclusive team committed to young people's outcomes, personal development and achievement;
• Excellent opportunities for training and advancement with a clear Support Staff progression structure;
• Commitment to the development of your career goals.
Coombe Dean School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Therefore, the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date: 9am, Monday 19th April
Coombe Dean School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Coombe Dean School is a co-educational secondary academy based in Elburton, Plymouth, for students aged 11-18. It is a non-denominational school.
Values and vision
Coombe Dean is dedicated to being a school with a friendl...