We are seeking a Caretaker to join our team at the Danes Educational Trust on the Herts/Bucks border. The post will be based at Croxley Danes School, temporarily housed on Tolpits Lane, Rickmansworth before moving to the school’s permanent location on Baldwins Lane, Croxley Green.
We would like you to have:
• Experience in a similar role within a school environment is preferable but not essential
• Ability to keep calm, maintain a sense of humour and manage stressful situations
• Ability to regularly undertake various manual handling duties, including lifting and carrying
• Experience of undertaking repairs and maintenance to a good standard
• Ability to undertake various cleaning tasks, including body fluids
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff and students
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to maintain efficient records and registers where required
• Current clean driving licence and self-managed transport to and from school, including during unsocial hours if necessary
• Good time-management skills
We can offer:
• A permanent contract of 37 hours per week, Term Time plus INSET days and 2 weeks holiday working
• A positive working environment within a brand new school setting developed by St Clement Danes, an Outstanding, ‘World Class’ school
• The support of a highly professional and committed staff team
• The opportunity to be part of an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
• The opportunity to contribute to the education of the first, second and subsequent cohorts of students in a brand new school at an exciting stage in its development
Croxley Danes School is a new, all-ability, co-educational state secondary school serving South West Hertfordshire. It opened in September 2017 and is already provides a high quality education to its first cohort of Year 7 students. It will eventually grow to over 1200 students aged 11-18 at a designated permanent site on land at the bottom of Baldwins Lane, Croxley Green. Croxley Danes School is addressing a substantial shortfall in secondary places for 2017 and beyond and is fast becoming the first-choice school for the surrounding area. If you would like to join a high performing, supportive and friendly staff team, we look forward to hearing from you.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.