Casual Trainer Assessor – Functional Skills (English, Maths & ICT)
Salary: £12.68 per hour
Closing Date: Wednesday 22nd September 2021
Interview Date: TBC
Nelson and Colne College Group is made up of a family of colleges – Nelson and Colne College, Lancashire Adult Learning and Accrington and Rossendale College. Together the Group forms a Sixth Form, Skills and Technology Centre, University Centre, employer training and adult learning provider.
The College Group is looking for two casual Trainer Assessors for Functional Skills to work within our busy Work-based Learning and Apprenticeship department. The right candidate will need experience with reform delivery on a one to one to basis as well as classroom delivery.
Working with learners placed in businesses across Lancashire, the successful candidates will be committed to work-based learning/apprenticeship provision, with an appreciation of the fact that the role of a Trainer Assessor can make a massive difference to the life choices our learners will have in the future. Supporting a caseload of learners through their qualifications, the successful candidate will have a “hands-on” approach; coaching and demonstrating best practice in line with the new standards and EPA process.
Main duties include:
• Deliver all elements of the Functional Skills standards including: training, mentoring, learner reviews, timely feedback and assessment
• Deal with apprenticeship recruitment and enrolments
• Conduct initial assessment of student needs
• Maintain accurate apprenticeship records, plan sessions, upload and mark learner work giving feedback using our e-portfolio
• Identify and facilitate the employers of apprenticeships in order to ensure that both apprenticeship and employer needs are met
The ideal candidate will have:
• Degree in a relevant subject area or appropriate professional qualification
• Recognised teaching qualification (or a willingness to achieve one within the first 3 years of appointment)
• GCSE grade C or equivalent qualification in both Maths and English
• An assessing qualification
• Experience of delivery and assessment of qualifications in a relevant subject area
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this post and would like to find out more, please visit our website and complete an online application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.
Accrington and Rossendale College
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 14+ years
Accrington and Rossendale College is a mixed, further education college in Lancashire that accepts students aged 14 and over. Vocational education is the college’s main focus, offering courses such as construction, media and design, hospitality, spor...