Agency: Department of Education
Work unit: Katherine High School
Job title: Catering and Home Economics Teacher
Designation: Classroom Teacher
Job type: Full Time
Duration: Fixed to 28/01/2022
Salary: $77,047 - $110,496
Position number: 51535 RTF: 204946
Contact: Sharon Oldfield, Principal on Sharon.Oldfield@ntschools.net
About the agency : www.education.nt.gov.au
Apply online : https://jobs.nt.gov.au/Home/JobDetails?rtfId=204946
Information for applicants
Applications must be limited to a one-page summary sheet and detailed resume-.
The NTPS values diversity and aims for a workforce that represents the community. The NTPS encourages people from all diversity groups to apply for vacancies. For more information about applying for this position and the merit process, go to the OCPE website.
Under the agency’s Special Measures Recruitment Plan eligible Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (Aboriginal) applicants will be granted priority consideration for this vacancy. For more information on Special Measures, go to the OCPE website.
To engage students and improve skills in Catering and Home Economics. This role will include Stage 1 and 2 Catering as well as Middle Years Home Economics classes.
Katherine High School is the only government secondary school in Katherine, catering for students from Year 7 to 12. The school caters to a diverse student population from a range of social, educational and cultural backgrounds. Katherine High School takes great pride in its inclusive practices and works hard to live up to our core values: Inclusion, Respect, Effort and Resilience.
Key duties and responsibilities
1. Use a range of assessments to inform quality teaching and learning, monitor and report on student progress
2. Deliver an innovative unit of work that engages students in their learning
3. Ensure effective student management procedures in accordance with school and other relevant policies
1. Demonstrated ability to use high-level interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive relationships with staff, students and families to improve outcomes for students in English and Humanities.
2. Demonstrated ability to collect and analyse a range of data to inform teaching and learning programs, monitor progress and report to key stakeholders.
3. Demonstrated ability to implement an innovative, student-centred learning program to improve outcomes for students.
4. Demonstrated ability to implement positive behaviour strategies to support students to engage with learning.
5. Commitment to the whole school Positive Behaviour in Schools processes and philosophy.
Approved: January 2021 Sharon Oldfield, Principal
Department of Education, Northern Territory Government