When staff, students and families walk through our gates and onto our site, they belong to the Whitley Academy Community. In this community, we build meaningful relationships based on trust and mutual respect. Our classrooms, corridors and the school environment are safe spaces where nobody is judged and everyone is valued. Our ethos, driven by our commitment to Whitley’s values, is built on inclusion and our dedication to care for each member of our community as an individual. We put learning and learners first in every decision we make. We are proud of our school and committed to supporting all staff and students to “be the best you can be”.
We are seeking an inspirational Catering teacher to join our well-established and innovative Creative Arts team from September 2019. You will deliver the T&L of one of most popular subjects we offer at KS4. You will be an effective team member, whose input will contribute to the further development of the current team of practitioners in the Creative Arts. Our Academy is on a rapid improvement journey. You will be joining a forward-thinking school that really values the professional development and well-being of its staff.
The successful candidate must be:
- Able to teach Food Technology/Catering to at least KS4,
- Values driven,
- Ambitious for every child and highly inclusive,
- Passionate about Food Technology/Catering and its impact on learning, with the ability to motivate pupils and achieve excellent results,
- Resilient with a strong personal drive,
- Someone who has high expectations of both students and their colleagues,
- Able to contribute to the development of T&L in Food Technology/Catering,
- Someone who can forge positive relationships with students to encourage great learning, and
- Someone who has a passion for Food Technology/Catering and the ability to share this with young people.
We will offer you;
- A positive and innovative learning culture, where wellbeing and workload are effectively managed,
- A dedicated, highly skilled and committed staff, upholding high expectations of and aspirations for all of our students,
- A strong sense of community and a warm, welcoming workplace,
- Access to the RSA Academies’ Teaching School Alliance, which offers high quality training and leadership experiences for all staff, to ensure that everyone is enabled to develop, grow and collaborate,
- PiXL network access, developing new ideas and strategies to impact on student learning and
- A number of additional benefits including a fantastic internal CPD programme built into directed time - fostering excellence in teaching and learning, a personal laptop, free parking, and a vibrant modern building and facilities in a beautiful location within easy reach of the M40/M6 corridor.
This successful candidate will have strong subject knowledge and excellent inter-personal skills along with the ability to engage our students with new ideas. This post offers a TMS teacher an exciting opportunity to develop their teaching skills in a range of whole-school CPD opportunities. Informal visits are encouraged.
To find out more about our school please visit our website at www.whitleyacademy.com .
Applications from NQTs are welcome as the school has a very strong and well-developed NQT training and support programme.
A leadership allowance may also be available for an exceptional candidate able to take on an additional curriculum or pastoral responsibility
We hope that after considering all the information provided, you will decide to make an application. A reminder that the closing date is 10th June 2019 9.00am. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a few days of the closing date. Whatever the outcome of your application we thank you for the interest you have shown and wish you well for your future career.
Completed applications should be returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Employment at the Academy will be subject to receipt of satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) in accordance with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, Police Act 1997 and the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.