Full Time 35hrs/ term time only
Langdon Park is a fantastic place to work. The school is based in recently refurbished buildings with excellent sports facilities and just opposite Langdon Park DLR station.
We are looking to appoint a full time Central Support Officer to work in our very busy main office.
This post will involve ensuring the smooth running of the school’s reception area and a varied array of administration tasks. Being the first point of call for parents, visitors and all stakeholders, we expect a high degree of professionalism and a helpful attitude.
We would like to invite applications from individuals who:
- Are experienced working in a school and have experience of school systems such as SIMS (this is essential). Experience within a secondary school setting is preferred
- Have a confident, friendly and professional manner and who can communicate effectively with parents, visitors, colleagues, governors and pupils (incl. face to face, via the telephone and using electronic communication)
- Are able to work well as part of a hardworking team but can also work independently using their own initiative
- Have excellent IT skills and are confident using spreadsheets and all other Microsoft Office packages
- Having prior knowledge of school attendance procedures would be of an advantage
- Are willing to learn and support in the use of various software packages used by teachers, parents and pupils
- Knowledge of either Bengali or Somali would be desirable, but not essential
We can offer:
- A supportive, motivated and strongly committed staff.
- A positive, supportive and happy environment.
- A commitment to continuing professional development.
- Energetic and enthusiastic pupils.
- Great transport links and parking
Langdon Park is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. A DBS enhanced disclosure that is satisfactory to us will be a condition of appointment.
Please apply via the TES online application form. If you have any questions regarding the post you can contact the School Business Manager, Kathrin Meinicke by e-mail HR@langdonpark.org or by phone 0207 987 4811.
Please note that incomplete application forms will not be considered. Only successful applications will be contacted.
Deadline: Friday 24/09/2021 12pm
Interviews: week beginning 27/09/2021
Langdon Park Community School reserves the right to close adverts earlier than the stated deadline. You are advised to apply soon as possible.
Langdon Park Community School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years