K. International School Tokyo (KIST) is seeking certified and experienced teacher to join its Secondary School instructional team from the 2021-22 school year, commencing August 2021, to teach English Language and Literature (IGCSE, IB DP). The ability to teach MYP English may also be an advantage.
Applications will be accepted from persons from any national background; however, advanced proficiency in English is essential. Applicants should have strong interpersonal and communication skills and a proven capacity to work collaboratively with colleagues. IT skills are also essential.
The initial contract period is for approximately 22 months from August 2021 through June 2023. Only teachers prepared to commit to this period should apply. An opportunity for contract renewal may be provided depending on appraised work performance and school needs. Working hours are 8:00 to 5:00 with 60 minutes total break time, Monday through Friday. A number of Saturdays are also scheduled as mandatory work days throughout the year for annual school events (working hours may vary). Attendance at a number of evening events during the year may also be required.
Applications should contain:
1) A complete resume, including details of qualifications and relevant experience.
2) A cover letter outlining experience related to the position and explaining the specific aspects of KIST that interest you.
3) A one-page statement outlining your personal philosophy of education.
4) Contact details (e-mail preferred) for at least two recent professional references, including most recent supervisors.
5) A recent photograph.
6) Personal details, including information on any dependents.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis and interviews will be conducted via Skype until such time as a suitable teacher is found.
K. International School Tokyo
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years