About the School:
- Good Ofsted rating
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- We are proud of our close community connections
- Admission preference is given to staff’s children
- We are partially selective
- We have an outstanding wellbeing programme offering
- Childcare vouchers
- Flu jabs
- Access to the Fitness Suite and swimming pool
- Pilates classes
- Yoga class
- Free eye tests
- Reputation of academic excellence
- First class student support within an inspirational environment
- Specialisms are in Science and the Performing Arts
- We believe every child deserves the best and we aim to achieve excellence in all aspects of school life
- Our teachers are highly trained, dedicated and determined to help every child succeed
About the Department
Results are excellent through all year groups and a large number of our students go on to choose a Physics or Engineering-based degree at university.
Biology - You would be joining us at an exciting time with the School continuing to record top GCSE and A Level results. As a School, our A2 results regularly return an ALPS rating of 3, A Level Biology continues to see 100% pass rates annually and in 2016 67% of students achieved A* to C grades. GCSE Biology had a 100% pass rate with 98.5% achieving A* to B grades and 62% achieving A* and A grades. Over the whole school at GCSE our students achieve highly; with 80.1% gaining A* to C grades and 71.5% of students achieving 5 or more A* to C including English and Maths.
Chemistry - Year-on-year we achieve a 100% pass rate for A Level Chemistry, with over 67% of our students achieving an A*-B grade. GCSE results also show a similar trend with our students consistently achieving above National Average. At GCSE our students achieve highly, with 87% of students achieved 5 or more A* to C including English and Maths. GCSE Additional Science had 82% of its students achieve A* to C, and GCSE Chemistry had 99%. Uptake at A level remains very high each year with a large proportion of students going on to read Chemistry or Chemistry related degrees and Medicine at university; of these quite a few may apply to Oxbridge.
Full details of the job can be found on our website www.rickmansworth.herts.sch.uk We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and are an equal opportunities employer. Applicants must declare any criminal convictions and submit to a check with the Disclosing and Barring Service as the post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Application forms and details can be obtained from the website, by calling the School on 01923 726917 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recommendation is to submit applications as soon as possible. Suitable candidates will be interviewed upon receipt.