AJYAL International School (AJIS) is a well-respected British-curriculum school based in Abu Dhabi, MBZ City, UAE. The School is rated “Good” by Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge, Government of Abu Dhabi. We are an international English National Curriculum School serving the needs of a student body representing 27 nationalities and staff body representing 20. AJIS opened its doors for the first time in 2013-2014, providing a UK-based education to Abu Dhabi’s local and international community. AJIS is a member of the British Schools of the Middle East (BSME) and is committed to professional development and the CPD programmes BSME offers. Our unique curriculum is designed to contribute to the development of our learners from FS through year 13. Our school aspires to create a global community of critical thinkers, innovators and leaders who will have a positive impact on the world of tomorrow. We pride ourselves on being a happy and vibrant community where students, parents, and teachers enjoy coming to school.
Our highly qualified teachers make learning exciting by providing challenging opportunities for our students to showcase their development and understanding through exhibitions, performances, and shows. AJIS teachers use ENC curriculum standards to plan their lessons is a way that is transdisciplinary.
AJIS is seeking to appoint an outstanding, enthusiastic and adaptable subject specific teachers from August 2020.
The ideal Candidate (in relation to the role) shall have:
• Experience working in a successful school that follows The National Curriculum of England experience (either inside or outside the UK).
• Knowledge of best pedagogical practice.
• A proven track record of outstanding teaching.
• Drive and enthusiasm to inspire, nurture and empower students.
• A focus to maximize student attainment, progress and achievement.
• Confidence with impressive communication skills
• Qualities of a team player and possibly a leader.
• Knowledge of teaching in the Middle East.
Qualification and Experience Required:
In accordance with UAE regulations, applicants must have any of the following set of qualifications:
• An Internationally recognized Bachelor’s Degree in an ENC subject and an internationally recognized teaching qualification such as PGCE.
• At least two years of experience (2 full academic years at a secondary school level)
• Knowledge of IGCSE exams (O, As, and A Levels) (EdExcel, Cambridge)
We can offer the right candidate:
• A friendly, supportive working environment, unlimited sunshine, safe environment and a good lifestyle
• The opportunity to make a difference
• Very competitive, tax-free salary
• Medical insurance and residence visa
• School Accommodation or allowance.
• Supported Child placement in the school
• End-of-service gratuity
Interested applicants should click on the ‘Apply now’ button below to upload their CV, or you can send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Resumes will be processed upon receiving them, and applicants will be contacted for interview without delay. The advert will be removed once the post is filled. Candidates selected for interview will be contacted soon after applying with the package information before moving to interview via SKYPE, Teams, Zoom or any alternative practical.
Whilst we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Ajyal International School - Mohammad Bin Zayed City
United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
Ajyal International School is a three year old private school in Abu Dhabi that is set to grow to a capacity of 2000 in time. The campus is a highly modern and attractive working environment with specialist teaching areas and rooms. Our curriculum is...