Would you like to play a vital and influential role in guiding the Department of Education, Sport and Culture through a critical time of change? This pivotal position will give you a unique opportunity to have a real impact on the lives of the people living on the Island.
What can this role offer me?
In this unique role you will be responsible for a diverse workforce and you will have the opportunity to work with teachers, unions, Chief Officers, politicians, and senior leaders across the Isle of Man to provide educational, sport and cultural services to the residents of the Isle of Man. You will be responsible for the Island's:
- 32 primary schools
- 5 secondary schools
- University College
- Manx Sport and Recreation service
- Gaiety Theatre and Villa Marina
- Arts Council
- Youth Service
The Department’s work is firmly based in the community of the Isle of Man, providing essential services to not only the younger generation but to all residents. Working with us will give you a unique opportunity to directly impact the people of the Isle of Man.
Who are we looking for?
It is an exciting and challenging time to join us as the Department is going through a period of transformation following an independent review by Beamans Management Consultants into how the Department works with the Island's schools. To lead the Department, you will need to be confident, experienced and skilled in implementing significant transformational and organisational change.
You will be a visible and inspirational leader, capable of setting a vision for the Department and bring people together to deliver it.
Using your outstanding communication, influencing and negotiating skills, you will consult and gain agreement on complex issues and build effective and trusted relationships with a range of stakeholders
What the Island has to offer
The Isle of Man is the ideal place to live and work, combining breath-taking unspoiled scenery and superb leisure facilities with excellent air and sea links to the UK and Ireland.
With a population of around 83,000, the Island has a lot to offer and those living here benefit from:
- A great work-life balance
- relaxed way of life in a safe environment with low crime and great education provisions
- Fantastic lifestyle opportunities - there are lots of opportunities for walking, diving, sailing, mountain biking, to name a few!
- Low income-tax rates, the maximum rate being 20%
- With a buoyant economy, vibrant towns and miles of beautiful open countryside, the Isle of Man has something for everyone.
- The Isle of Man has been praised for its effective response to the global pandemic. Currently, due to the lack of cases in the community, people on the Island are enjoying a life free of social distancing regulations.
For further information about living in the Isle of Man and the Island's lifestyle, download our All about the Isle of Man Booklet, you can also visit www.locate.im
A relocation package of up to £10,000 based on receipts is available for this role. The Isle of Man is offering a National Insurance Holiday Scheme which allows newly employed, relocated or returning residents to apply for a refund on their National Insurance contributions for their first year of living or returning to the Isle of Man, with refunds capped at £4,000. To see how this scheme could benefit you visit www.locate.im
How to find out more and apply
To find out more and to apply for this role please click here.
Isle of Man Government
Isle of Man