Salary Grade: Scale 5 Sp: 12-15 Actual Salary: £22,294 – £23,521 pro rata
Contract: Full time 35 Hours, Term Time Only, 8.30am - 4.30pm
Contract term: Fixed Term for 3 years
Required form: November 2019
The New North Academy was formed from the merger of two schools in 2004. We moved into our new building, which enjoys state of the art facilities and has wonderful outdoor spaces in Easter 2007.
We are a two-form entry primary school, situated close to both the Angel, Highbury & Islington and Essex Road stations.
We are seeking to appoint a Child and Family Support Worker with a desire and passion to make a real difference to the lives and life-chances of our children. This role will be equally split between The New North Academy and Rotherfield Primary School.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Work with the BAME team, families, parents and carers to overcome barriers to learning
- Drive improved attendance and punctuality
- Deliver a range of family learning
- Provide support and guidance for parents
- Signpost parents / carers to the support they need
- Work with pupils to improve self-esteem and build confidence and resilience
We are looking for candidates with:
- The ability to act as an advocate, mediator and negotiator for our parents and carers in a range of situations
- Significant experience of working with and engaging parents / carers and children through individual and /or group-based support
- The ability to develop and deliver a range of family learning opportunities to support parents/carers to engage more fully in their child’s learning and to reintegrate parents into work or study
- An understanding of how to promote good school attendance and punctuality and how to tackle poor attendance (Including persistent absence or exclusion)
- Drive, enthusiasm, resilience and positive attitudes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong partnership skills, including ability to work professionally and confidently in close liaison with schools and other agencies
We can offer you:
- Stimulating working environment
- Opportunities for professional development and the opportunity to make a difference within our schools
- Friendly, supportive colleagues who are committed to continuous improvement
- Enthusiastic children who want to learn
Ofsted judged us to be Good in September 2016.
We expect all staff to share the school’s commitment to the protection and safety of children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
A visit and/or conversation with the Headteacher prior to your application is warmly welcomed and can be easily arranged if you would like to find out more about the role available or to learn more about our school – please contact Mrs Sylvia Lefever-Jones to arrange this.
Closing date: Monday 21th October 2019
Interviews: Week beginning 28th October 2019
Telephone: 0207 704 3900